The New '86 Finally Arrives

altezzaclub

Members dont see this ad

Toyota AU are saying 38-ish drive.

Which sounds about right, only 15k more than what the yanks will pay.

If you want to complain, point fingers at our beloved government taxing the shit out of imported cars to protect our precious domestic industry.

Keeping a few knuckle-dragging south australians employed building substandard buckets of crap at the rest of the country's detriment.

• 1 month later...

Got a call this morning from my Toyota dealer, price looks like it will be $38k+ on-roads for the base model. A good $3k more than we both had expected :(

The best he would do on the demo car (once he has the car and it reaches at least 4000kms) was $2k off the price.

Looks like I'll be waiting another year and getting one second hand.

I want one. The arse doesn't look too bad with the guards. They're just asking to be filled with 9"s or 10"s haha. Don't know how long it will be before the aftermarket for it starts developing (if it hasn't already) but you'd think that Toyota would bring out a turbo model. Considering that it's essentially running an EJ20, You can go pretty nuts with those boxers...

Be interesting to see how it all pans out..

Toyota are leaving it to the aftermarket to supply upgrades, they've already supplied demo models to the major tuning houses for R&D.

TRD have already developed a supercharger kit, no doubt STi won't be far behind with the hairdryer.

Good shit. Supercharged EJ would be pretty cool.

Sounds like a tractor until it really gets going.... certainly no screamer...

Big steering wheel

Drifts nicely! Although he always throws it in... Some massive understeer at 7.21

"Well under 30grand" We shall see....

Power steering?? He didn't say.

No doubt Top Gear will have one too.

Yeah it would be interesting to see Clarkson in the drivers seat and what he makes of it.

I'd be pretty sure the Hamster would drool over it.

James May wouldn't like it and more then likely think its a teenagers wet dream.

While the Stig would thinks a ........

Well really the Stig wouldn't say anything, just kick a tire and walk off.