Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Peanut Bait

Featured Replies

Seriously though, the shifter looks cool.

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 781.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I actually snapped one of the mounting points off so I went, f**k it, all the mechanisms were smooth as.   It was close to the end of the day after 7 hours without a break and id run out of beer.

  • basic, crude, K MOTOR POWER!

  • *sigh   this is why I usually don't ask for help on here. guaranteed someone knows but all I get is f**king fishtanks :|

Posted Images

  • Author

So I threw in some new gauges, cheap crap only one worked and even then I'm not sure if its right, serves me right for being a tight ass. Might buy some good digital ones. Wired up some blue LEDs to light them.

 

IMAG0852.jpg

 

My souldering stand.

 

IMAG0853.jpg

 

Ghetto wiring, at least its not twisted wires.

 

IMAG0854.jpg

 

Put the short shifter in. Got it all bolted up and it had heaps of play in it. So had to make a shim to tighten it up. Not sure if it was just mine or if everyone has had the same issue. Seemed like the aluminium spacer was about 1mm too thick. Again, can't complain for the price I suppose.

 

IMAG0857.jpg

 

Still have a huge pile of bits to go in, but too broke to buy the little things like tie rod ends and ball joints. And supposedly I'll need a lock spacer and steering arms and shit. *sigh* Someone buy my crap.

  • Author

Got refunded for those shit gauges. Got a new temp gauge with the refund from a person in Brisbane.

If I press a button on it it changes colours. So pimp, its like a dance party.

 

Questions: What else do I need for my front strut change over.

 

What I have:

 

XT130 struts with HSD coil over kit welded on

Monroe GT short strokes

Corona hubs/rotors/bearings

60 series brakes and rebuild kit

Pajero master cylinder

 

I am getting ye old tax return and I'm thinking :

 

T3 after market AE86 steering arms

AJPS lock spacer

Ranko on here is doing this kit:

Front chassis parts kit (2* lower balljoint, 2* rackends, 2* outer tie rod ends)

Brake Pads (unsure on what)

I want to get camber tops and they fit into the budget but am I missing something I should get instead? And as a streeter daily are they even necessary? I want to be practical as in : tyre wear, I don't drift, I don't care how "hektik stanced" my car looks. I suppose the lock spacer and steering arms are a bit 'drift wank' but my turning circle is poooooooooo

If front camber isnt really necessary I'd rather spend the cash elsewhere like a rear sway bar or bushes.

 

Opinions?

I put camber plates in my daily only to run zero camber, but I plan on putting the camber plates into my track car and running an amount of neg camber. They're probably not worth it in a daily.

Never fitted my lock spacer, I'll probably never get around to it. Power steering arms give me enough lock.

T3 steering arms are beefy, I'm happy with these and they are cheeper than buying second hand factory power steering arms.

New bushes are win.

New steering components are win.

Edited by rian

 

New bushes are win.

 

Yep.

You're not really going to need the cambertops? If you want decent tyre wear, as close to 0 camber would be a good thing?

  • Author

Sounds good. Less money on shit I don't need, more money on a neater streeter

 

I thought lock spacer was gonna be redundant with the 86 arms especially if I'm not drifting

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Yeah either go power steering arms or a lock spacer on a daily/non-drifter as well, you don't really need it.

Unless you want to impress people in tight car parks.

Ps arms are dirt cheap from states bought a couple of pairs for $65 delivered before. Same with my JDM 86 calipers I bought got them for $70 delivered.

I got my PS arms for like $85 from the states. Got my hubs from the states too.

looks awesome man, I'm moving to gympie soon, we should get together for a few beers.

Don't bother with the T3 steering arms dude.. I got my proper ae86 p/s arms off ebay for less, and there's still some on there. Ebay US

 

Camber isn't necessary, But it feels much more sorted to drive, You can set it to -1 and you should notice a difference without too much tire wear

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.