Peanut Bait

B.L.Z.BUB

Members dont see this ad

So I threw in some new gauges, cheap crap only one worked and even then I'm not sure if its right, serves me right for being a tight ass. Might buy some good digital ones. Wired up some blue LEDs to light them.

IMAG0852.jpg

My souldering stand.

IMAG0853.jpg

Ghetto wiring, at least its not twisted wires.

IMAG0854.jpg

Put the short shifter in. Got it all bolted up and it had heaps of play in it. So had to make a shim to tighten it up. Not sure if it was just mine or if everyone has had the same issue. Seemed like the aluminium spacer was about 1mm too thick. Again, can't complain for the price I suppose.

IMAG0857.jpg

Still have a huge pile of bits to go in, but too broke to buy the little things like tie rod ends and ball joints. And supposedly I'll need a lock spacer and steering arms and shit. *sigh* Someone buy my crap.

Got refunded for those shit gauges. Got a new temp gauge with the refund from a person in Brisbane.

If I press a button on it it changes colours. So pimp, its like a dance party.

Questions: What else do I need for my front strut change over.

What I have:

XT130 struts with HSD coil over kit welded on

Monroe GT short strokes

Corona hubs/rotors/bearings

60 series brakes and rebuild kit

Pajero master cylinder

I am getting ye old tax return and I'm thinking :

T3 after market AE86 steering arms

AJPS lock spacer

Ranko on here is doing this kit:

Front chassis parts kit (2* lower balljoint, 2* rackends, 2* outer tie rod ends)

Brake Pads (unsure on what)

I want to get camber tops and they fit into the budget but am I missing something I should get instead? And as a streeter daily are they even necessary? I want to be practical as in : tyre wear, I don't drift, I don't care how "hektik stanced" my car looks. I suppose the lock spacer and steering arms are a bit 'drift wank' but my turning circle is poooooooooo

If front camber isnt really necessary I'd rather spend the cash elsewhere like a rear sway bar or bushes.

Opinions?

I put camber plates in my daily only to run zero camber, but I plan on putting the camber plates into my track car and running an amount of neg camber. They're probably not worth it in a daily.

Never fitted my lock spacer, I'll probably never get around to it. Power steering arms give me enough lock.

T3 steering arms are beefy, I'm happy with these and they are cheeper than buying second hand factory power steering arms.

New bushes are win.

New steering components are win.

Edited by rian

Don't bother with the T3 steering arms dude.. I got my proper ae86 p/s arms off ebay for less, and there's still some on there. Ebay US

Camber isn't necessary, But it feels much more sorted to drive, You can set it to -1 and you should notice a difference without too much tire wear