Joshs Daily. =)

JJT036

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Changed the Plugs and Leads, although there is still a sort of Vibration/Shudder in it somewhere. Might be a Uni that has let go. :hmm:

I'll change the Oil and the Filter soon, and the next time our mechanic is up (pretty soon), we'll get him to check over the car and maybe give it a tune-up, as well as Ollie. :)

Josh :cool:

Edited by JJT036

I've got a 5m dizzy in the shed if you want it?

How much did you want for it posted to VIC 3429? Willing to take up that offer. :)

Apprentice wages, gotta love 'em! :lol:

By the way, sorry for not saying g'day at the CC&D. I was badly hanging for a coffee & got a little distracted afterwards.

Apprentice wages aren't so bad, considering I'm only doing 1 day a week.

We should be in the panelvan at the Brimbank Park meet in June, so you'll definitely know we're there. :)

Edited by JJT036

• 7 months later...

Thought I might update on this Ocean Liner.

So recently, I had one of the Technicians at Holden who has over 30 years experience come around to suss out what this Vibration in the Cressie is. Engine wise, there is a "murmur" in the engine -- something very little in the electronic department breaking down, affecting the whole engine. So for this, we were told, and doing one by one, replacing the Ignition Coil, the Dizzy Cap, and the "Silver thing that sits on top of the Coil". I received my brand new Coil yesterday - now just need to find the time to fit it.

Other than the slight misfire, there is nothing wrong with the Engine, not even a shot Head-Gasket. :dance: ..........yet.

I've got a 5m dizzy in the shed if you want it?

If the Coil isn't the Problem, I will take up your offer fairly soon, pending if we need it, and if you still have it. :)

As far as the rest of the car, the Tyres are over 10 years old ( :D ), so either replacing them or finding a set of nice 17" mags is required. We may suspect that the Tailshaft Uni's are gone as there is a Vibration in the rear of the car which intesifys as you speed up. And every now and then, I wash it to keep the dust and cobwebs off the Cressie, and Start and Idle it to make sure the engine is still in good running order. :)

I'm now just getting the cressie fixed up very slowly as I'm in no rush, but come April/May next year, I'll hook into getting it RWC. The next thing that will be looked at will be the brakes, because they're starting to sound a little Rusty.

And another thing I discovered with this Luxo-Barge -- 80s Blue Velour Interior + Hot Sun = A Melbourne Heatwave. It gets really Hot in the Heat. But lucky enough, it has a Tilt and Slide Sunroof. :)

Edited by JJT036

Well yes, something like those will be tough. I do eventually want to lower it a little bit, but I'll wait for some nice Mags to come first, then I'll decide. :)

There's a Silver VX SS up the street from me with some Dished 19s in Black with a Polished Chrome Lip very similar to Rota RBXs, but 10-spoke. It looks very cool, and makes me want to do the same with the Cressie.

I saw an MX73 on gumtree that had like a JDM spoiler on the bootlid. When I saw it, thought straight away "gotta have one". I also want to get a roof-spoiler for the top of the rear window. Saw one on an MX83 and looks really awesome. Might have to hunt around for one from another manufacturer, or get one made up.

But all this is just little things that can be done later. More of a Want than a Need really. :yes:

Edited by JJT036

Cheers Jesse.

The more I think of the idea of Smaller Wheels and JDM Limo Cruiser, the more I actually want to do it. :)

But first, I want to sort out the Engine and whatever else that needs to be sorted out, then I'll start making it look better.

• 2 months later...

So I've changed the Ignition Coil, the Ignitor, and the Distributor Cap, and the "misfire-on-idle" is still there!

I had another well-experienced technician come out to have a look on NYE, and he suspects it's something to do with the fuelling. He specifically said the fuel filter could be very old, and it's not processing fuel into the engine and not returning fuel to the tank properly. So changing the filter is next on the agenda.

If it's not that, and I can't find what's wrong with the flippin' 5M-GE, I'm just gonna take it out, throw it in the bin, and drop in a 1JZ-GTE from a Soarer. :yes:

To re-cap: I have changed the Plugs and Leads, the Dizzy Cap, the Ignitor, and the Coil. It definitely is not a BHG as what I've been told from Both Technicians.

If anyone else has caught the drift of what I'm saying, and could possibly know what is wrong, please share on here. I just want to get the 5M-GE running correctly.