Fender Mirror Help

Rollajones

hey,

looking to put fender mirrors on my ke70 just need a few questions answered!

what are some good mirrors to get? ive seen some on ebay but really unsure whether to get them or not

where abouts on the fender to i mount them?

how hard are they to mount?

and what are the negatives of having them?

thanks

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get all different kinds of fender mirrors from the typical black JDM fan boy DR3FTZZZ kind of ones , to the polished bullet shape ones I used on my ke70 so the choices are endless.

When ebaying mirrors don't "search ke70 fender mirrors" because you will be swamped in Fan boy gear , just search " fender mirrors " and they will be many to choose from.

depending on which type you get will depend where you mount them. use tape to dummy them up till you comfortable on where they sitting

they easy to mount, two holes into the fender and its done.

1 of the negatives is that your blind spot will increase , so you got to check over your shoulder more often.

You can get all different kinds of fender mirrors from the typical black JDM fan boy DR3FTZZZ kind of ones , to the polished bullet shape ones I used on my ke70 so the choices are endless.

When ebaying mirrors don't "search ke70 fender mirrors" because you will be swamped in Fan boy gear , just search " fender mirrors " and they will be many to choose from.

depending on which type you get will depend where you mount them. use tape to dummy them up till you comfortable on where they sitting

they easy to mount, two holes into the fender and its done.

1 of the negatives is that your blind spot will increase , so you got to check over your shoulder more often.

are these the fan boy ones?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-COROLLA-STARLET-DATSUN-MAZDA-AE70-KE25-KE30-KE70-TE71-TE27-FENDER-MIRROR-/160724779500?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item256bf181ec#ht_1355wt_1185

its all up to what you think looks good really, who cares about JDM wannabee styles.

those ebay ones are are simliar to the oem ones though.

i think these are the type you are looking at:

23615640003_large.jpg

id be inclined to say these are exactly what you are looking at:

5248_233903035183_603015183_8271139_6923730_n.jpg

these are OEM i think, chrome on the GT version.

E7-11.JPG

i like this type better, but probably only works if you have round headlights too.

toyota-corolla-te72.jpg

5491748719_ea2bbafd61.jpg

be careful though, from a few accounts, in the pouring rain, mirrors half way down your bonnet, are going to be absolutely useless.

they do look cool though.

Just remember that they don't meet ADR's and are therefore not legal.

Yep not legal. Unless they are spring mounted(so they fall away if you hit someone) and can be adjusted from drivers seat(need to be electric).

DR30 import skylines have electric fender mirrors. Last set I saw was on yahoo Japan for around $250. Which is less headache than clearing a defect.

Stu.