Te31 Rat Rod Build

sharpshane

I'm building the RAT! Going with flat black rattle canned paint for the outside, the rest can be your decision to make,,,BUT REMEMBER I'm going back yard cheap on this

here's some pics from today's work, had all glass removed and painted the channels and parts of the cage that would be easy to paint now then with the glass in, painted the metal dash part too.

post-14235-0-12146500-1329962746_thumb.jpg

before after

post-14235-0-54098000-1329962774_thumb.jpgpost-14235-0-59600200-1329962806_thumb.jpg

before after

post-14235-0-21476400-1329962787_thumb.jpgpost-14235-0-52510000-1329962823_thumb.jpg

The dash is all cracked up. Should I cover it up with black carpet and keep guages, or....tear it out and put a rally race dash panel with guages and switches????

YOU VOTE, YOU DECIDE!

Edited by sharpshane

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I would like to hook up a fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure guage set up. Thanks!

Far too complicated!

Just fit them and run them, they will probably be fine!

If you have problems with it being too rich, buy a 0-5psi regulator for $50 and put it in the line between the pump and the carbs.

sounds so simple, done so simple, now it wont start.

i have the 5 psi regulator inline, everything is hooked up now. i tried to start the dang thing and it wont fire up, it sounded like it wanted to but the negative cable got really hot???? :hmm:

Now the batt is out of juice.

I had to take the dizzy out to fit the carbys so i put it back in but it might be backwards. I flipped it both ways and got what sounded like back fires one way and nothing the other.

So i got the timing sort of set and the best runs!@!! :dance:

I did some research and its time to upgrade to msd for all that fuel i need to burn :evil:

i got the msd 6al and blaster kit. what do i need to put in the dizzy. I read some electronic ignition stuff but I'm not sure.

keep the points set up?

get an electronic dizzy? If so is ther a part to swap or the whole dizzy? Thanks!!!

I know nothing a all about an MSD, but I can tell you that you will need a rotating trigger to tell the coil when to fire. Something will rotate on the rotor shaft and sweep past a sensor.

Either points, an optical system or a magnetic system. The electronic dizzy I have was made for a 5K and has a magnetic trigger.