Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Te31 Rat Rod Build

Featured Replies

I'm building the RAT! Going with flat black rattle canned paint for the outside, the rest can be your decision to make,,,BUT REMEMBER I'm going back yard cheap on this

 

 

 

here's some pics from today's work, had all glass removed and painted the channels and parts of the cage that would be easy to paint now then with the glass in, painted the metal dash part too.

post-14235-0-12146500-1329962746_thumb.jpg

 

before after

post-14235-0-54098000-1329962774_thumb.jpgpost-14235-0-59600200-1329962806_thumb.jpg

before after

post-14235-0-21476400-1329962787_thumb.jpgpost-14235-0-52510000-1329962823_thumb.jpg

 

The dash is all cracked up. Should I cover it up with black carpet and keep guages, or....tear it out and put a rally race dash panel with guages and switches????

 

YOU VOTE, YOU DECIDE!

Edited by sharpshane

  • Replies 43
  • Views 122k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Should have left the paint how it was, and needs a old side valve engine or an old toyota hemi V8 or something like that :)

You have black in the wrong places!!

 

White the doors and black the bum! Don't forget the wheels!

post-7544-0-75285100-1329970448_thumb.jpg

  • Author

You have black in the wrong places!!

 

White the doors and black the bum! Don't forget the wheels!

 

 

hahahahahaha! NICE!

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

HELP! Trying to set up my dual webers. I would like a model or pic of someones set up so that i can go off of. I would like to hook up a fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure guage set up. Thanks!

Agree with 19914afc, previous paint looked better.

 

The beauty if rattle cans is the paint falls off within about 2 weeks, then you get the opportunity to use some better quality paint. :yes:

 

:y:

I would like to hook up a fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure guage set up. Thanks!

 

Far too complicated!

 

Just fit them and run them, they will probably be fine!

 

If you have problems with it being too rich, buy a 0-5psi regulator for $50 and put it in the line between the pump and the carbs.

  • Author

sounds so simple, done so simple, now it wont start.

i have the 5 psi regulator inline, everything is hooked up now. i tried to start the dang thing and it wont fire up, it sounded like it wanted to but the negative cable got really hot???? :hmm:

Now the batt is out of juice.

I had to take the dizzy out to fit the carbys so i put it back in but it might be backwards. I flipped it both ways and got what sounded like back fires one way and nothing the other.

  • Author

So i got the timing sort of set and the best runs!@!! :dance:

I did some research and its time to upgrade to msd for all that fuel i need to burn :evil:

i got the msd 6al and blaster kit. what do i need to put in the dizzy. I read some electronic ignition stuff but I'm not sure.

keep the points set up?

get an electronic dizzy? If so is ther a part to swap or the whole dizzy? Thanks!!!

I know nothing a all about an MSD, but I can tell you that you will need a rotating trigger to tell the coil when to fire. Something will rotate on the rotor shaft and sweep past a sensor.

 

Either points, an optical system or a magnetic system. The electronic dizzy I have was made for a 5K and has a magnetic trigger.

  • Author

I think i find a electronic one at the junk yard. Do i need to hook up vacuum advance with dual dcoe's? i see BRD removes the vacuum advance

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.