69 第十 カローラ (Ke10 Corolla)

Jono.C

Members dont see this ad

So the shocks are to fit into corolla struts and give short stroke? Are they going to be firm enough for 6kg springs and not bounce around?

:hmm:

Keen to see how they go.

The shocks are aw11 Mr2's but yeah they will fit in a KE strut casing. A lot of people said Ke10 struts are smaller than ke70 but they're actually the same diameter.

They are a pretty short shock, so short infact i think i'll need a spacer underneath the shock rather than cutting and welding the strut shorter as it'd end up about 5" lower than stock at it's highest coilover setting

I had that discussion with Kickn5k the other night. As they're gas, and from an Mr2 i think they'll be nice and firm, as the mr2 is much heavier than a ke10 so the shock will be stiffer in the lighter car.

I see it sort of like falcon springs in a corolla..

The only thing i need now is new tires to work out where to weld the sleeve kit on and i'll put it all together. I've had a few people say they're keen to see the result so i'll try and get a move on!!

In other news

Took it for a drive yesterday and when i parked noticed it was leaking transmission oil, Like, A lot..

So nursed it to Supercheap and bought a litre of oil for it, drove somewhere else and it was still pissing out oil..

So had to go to Bunnings to buy a tiny screw driver to try and tighten up the hose clamps on the oil lines, Didn't work as one had burst/ ruptured and was just pissing out oil all over the place.

This is about 40k's from my house as well.. So nursed it as far as i dared to a servo about 25k's from home and put another litre of oil in it hoping it'd make it, Turning it off and putting it in Neutral down hills to try and reduce the amount it pumped out..

Eventually it made it home! And this morning i replaced the hoses and clamps and it's all good again. Now i just have to clean the oil off half my engine bay..

Also i got a litre of paint to do the bodywork on it, as it looks good in photo's but it's very rough in places.. I've just repaired a rear guard and waiting for it to dry as i type. So i'll throw a photo up later on

Cheers!

Second last transmission oil fill for the day

SecondLastOilfillfortheday.jpg

So there's a section on the rear guard that's pissing me off, and i needed somewhere to test the paint so i fixed it. Sanded it right back, knocked the bog out, fixed, primered and painted.

Feels good to use a spray gun again after the green one.

There really is a lot more work needed.. Bonnet and boot will need to be sandblasted and repaired, as will bits on both doors, both front guards, beaver panel needs straightening and fixing and the whole panel under the tail lights needs fixing as well. Plus lots of paint touch ups. But it'll get there!

Before:

IMAG0765-1.jpg

Fix Dat Guard: (Looks a bit sketchy for some reason? Whether it's how i took the photo or shadow or something dunno, But it actually came out pretty good! )

IMAG0768.jpg

Edited by Jono.C

That's really good. Seriously a good option for people who want lower KEs.

I have to mention though, There are 2 different part numbers for aw11 rear shocks. There's an 85-86 and an 86-89 or something? The difference is the diameter of the shock, so one fits one wont.

From memory it's the early 85 one you need, I'll make sure mine all goes together before i start throwing up the part number but once it's sorted i'll provide proper deets for sure

I saw a lot of people on mr2 forums and stuff say use the late model shocks as the early ones being small will bend easier in motorsport applications, Which i'd agree with except the shock tube is the same size as what was on my T18 shocks... So you should have no worries i don't reckon. They were talking about mr2's but i don't think it makes much difference.

I found a place locally that sells 165/55 tyres!!

So I ordered a pair today, but will take 6 weeks to arrive..

Also got a quote of $75 to sandblast 2 wheels.. so I'll get them done this week hopefully

Some other stuff also turned up but it can wait for another day

Did more bodywork today. It's not good.. I fixed patches on the drivers rear near the boot, part of the door and front guard..

The boot is knackers, but i'll have a go at fixing it.. The photo below is only a tiny bit of it, and the top isn't much better..

RC3.jpg

RC1.jpg

RC2.jpg

RC4.jpg

Why!? It's free! Has alternator, waterpump fuel pump etc as a bare minimum. Only needs intake exhaust mani dizzy and leads to be running.

I've been in the car it was in and ran well.

Mostly got it as i'm looking at putting substantially more air into it aided by a turbine and i'm not that phased if it explodes :P