Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

started mounting the intercooler today. made up some dummy brackets and will make them out of some alloy. may have to lower the intercooler by 10mm so i can shut the bonnet or i could take a small check out of the top of the 'cooler, obviously without damaging the top horizontal tube.

car is going in to workshop to get a steampipe manifold made on thursday.

coolerxj1.jpg

grillql7.jpg

Road & Race Exhaust in Hornsby is doing the manifold. I dropped the car off today, hopefully it will be back on the road in a couple of weeks with 7psi on low and 10psi on high.

Just Engine Management down at Moorebank is doing the tuning. Apparently they have setup a few NA motors with bolt on turbos for drift on 11psi with no problems.

Not trying to break any records or anything, just after a fun little sunday cruiser.

Edited by JC807

• 1 month later...

did i say 'back on the road in a few weeks'? :lol:

project put on hold till end of january, gotta save some money for our europe trip in april (wife put her foot down, quite rightly so...)

here is the steampipe manifold by Road and Race Exhaust, its been coated by Competition Coatings.

dscf0919le5.jpg

dscf09181gl0.jpg

dscf09201ag6.jpg

dscf0921fg4.jpg

so now i've got the manifold, GZE injectors, intercooler (now mounted below bumper) and silicone hoses, oil feed gear. just need the sump sorted out for the oil return and some water hoses/t-pieces for the turbo.

Edited by JC807

almost finished sorting out my gauges. they will sit where the original radio and heater/vent controls used to be.

I have one spare spot. I would like to have an Air / Fuel gauge but VDO don't make a suitable one and the haltech one would look a bit funny.

I will probably put the boost control trim there instead.

dscf0925yr2.jpg