Jono

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got the 4AC starter motor to fit the T-50 .

I have started the job of labelling the wiring loom so i know which wires i will have to extend. A few of the plugs seem different (the cold start injector is one of these) to that of the wiring diagram and a few plugs have more wires than listed on the wiring diagram.

The diagrams are easy to read but this is the first time i've attempted to wire an engine, anyone got any advice for this newbie auto-elec?

I got this baby off ebay for $270 which we stripped down.

I really only needed a front bonnet strip (the whole bonnet was nearly overrated),

the panel that sits above the front lower apron (overrated again)

got lots of other spares before making it a convertible for mr cube

convertibleke209aq.jpg

I got my brake master cylinder today. It will clear the inlet manifold. Its actually off a trailer!! 3/4"

Girlfriend is going away so i will get some line flaring done and perhaps start on the wiring if it all goes ok.

Wish i could take a week off work and concentrate on getting stuff done...

• 4 weeks later...

Its been a while since i've done anything to the car, with all the wedding planning and stuff.

I got the chance to buy this car and JUMPED AT IT!!!

Its a registered minter (well pretty much) with only 72,000 kms. (yes i have service history to prove it!!)

I'm going to put the 4age into this one instead once I re-register it. I will have to do the firewall again but this has no rust, where as the blue one has some nasty rust in one of the chassis rails and hasn't been registered in many years. So this seems the sensible thing to do.

web15xe.jpg

web21up.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I wired up my first alarm this week. its a two way alarm - it sends info to the remote (if within 1000m) which has a cool lcd screen. also has a remote start module i haven't wired up, only because the 3k is a bitch to start. will use this when the 4age is in to get the heater cranking on cold mornings.

Also got both recaros in this week, hope to swap the fuel system from the blue car over this weekend, suspension next week...

custom made. my mate has made three sets now and I wish we had made some more, couldn't find any ae71s at pick'n payless last time i went out.

surge tank and pumps now in green car.

Put battery box in boot and run power AND ground wire through to the front. also ran in 2 four core flex from front to back, for the fuel pump wires and so i have some spares for maybe an amp.

Edited by JC807

• 2 weeks later...