Ke20 Project. 3k To 4age To 4agte

Jono

i got the 3k all disconnected for removal tonight, will yank it out tomorrow when I get a spare pair of hands. then its time to:

bash firewall in a bit

weld in plate for clutch master

mount motor

mount booster

couple of braKE lines

drill gearbox crossmember

mount ke55 diff and custom tailshaft

in & ex manifolds

starter

wiring :jamie:

least its all going in a registered car now...:)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3k came out during the week.

We are trying a new approach to the clearance issue this time around. I jigsawed the heater box section out and flipped it around to allow for the rear water outlet on the 4age. Less bog will be needed and will probably look a bit better.

firewalloh0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey PMP020 i loved your car when i first saw it on Toymods!!

About the hacking, yeah, it hurt a little bit - it was fun driving around with the 3k...in a slow kind of way. I did consider keeping this stock for my fiancee but if we have babies i couldn't justify having two coupes plus a van plus another car for carting kids around in.

I got the twin cam motor in the green car today.

I haven't got the gearbox crossmember hooked up to the gearbox yet, which is why the picture shows the motor at that crazy angle.

I'm going to elongate the chassis rail holes about half an inch and then drill new holes in the centre of the x-member. Is this what other people have done?

ke20twincamer6.jpg

I moved my standard ke20 crossmember to the other set of holes in the chassis rails and elongated the holes to allow it to bolt to the t50 gearbox.

gearboxcrossmemberve8.jpg

Picture of the final position of motor. Can other people who have done this conversion please put up pics in this thread to compare position of the motor?

twincammountedyi3.jpg

Nah fits easily and has almost an inch clearance, it does look like it would hit though doesn't it!?.. I've also dummy fitted the inlet manifold and throttle body and the bonnet clears them too.

Besides the mounts are copies of those in 2 mates ke20's with 4ages in anyway.

The engine and gearbox sits a bit slanted towards the rear and so is in line with the tailshaft.

Got the diff in today (ke55 borgy). I guess its now time to start wiring up the car.

Edited by JC807

• 2 weeks later...

manifoldsandradiatoronrc9.jpg

I've decided that with the wedding just around the corner in october to put the car in to have a haltech e6x installed. Its booked in for late next week, and will get a base tune so I can limp it around to the muffler shop and wheel shop. Once there is some legal rubber on the rear end and my brake booster is installed i can get it re-tuned.

I made the mounts for the radiator today

clearancesmb7.jpg

You can see the clearance behind the motor for the coolant sensor block, and the clearance behind the inlet manifold. The brake master cylinder is from a trailer and the clutch master is from a pajero.