• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Picture of the final position of motor. Can other people who have done this conversion please put up pics in this thread to compare position of the motor?

bit late.. but this is how i mounted mine in '99. before i knew much about driveline geometry. wasn't much info on this sort of thing then. wanted it as low as it could go and as rear as it could go for best weight balance without any chassis cutting. one thing i did not realise was driveshaft yolk angles were on the piss. so 6mths of driving and driveshaft uni's were getting a bit noisey at 180km/h. will redo it eventually. used the std gearbox crossmember position and redrill the rubber mount holes. had like 5mm clearance on the drag links (steering) at full lock both ways. plenty room on the sway bar (i have the later type which is better suited). i shortened l/h crossmember mount for room to get oil filter on. factory exhaust manif still fit fine. had to swap from twin brake master to a single for inlet clearance. (this will change when i get round to it). just a comparison anyways

http://toycrazy.net/mark/1stStage.htm

good to see some info online about mounting these things. :jamie:

no more news on this ride?

Edited by AE25

• 1 year later...

Think they'll have to be custom jobbies mate...next to no chance of finding good mounts already made up.

Any fabrication shop should be able to hook you up, expect to pay upwards of $1000 for good quality engine & gearbox mounts.

If you look at my thread, my mounts cost me 1600 (Poly tubular engine mounts & tube gearbox xmember using supra mount), through Shanon @ Simply Maz (Sydney).

Hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...