Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A Challenge For The Gurus

Featured Replies

hey guys

 

I'm in the process of fitting a 3t into my ke30

 

ive got everything to fit it in, including a sexy orginal te31 crossmember thanks to mhmills for finding it for me :)

 

but what i don't have is the te31 engine brackets..got plenty of them damn rubber mounts

 

engine brackets that are currently on the 3t are of corse t-18 ones

 

and silly me didnt think about that till i recieved my cross member in the post..

 

my crossmember took forever to come well felt like it anyway and before i contact the dude again

 

i wanted to ask is there any other engine brackets you guys rekon/know that are the same as the te31's? (I'm thinking about some early celica ones)

 

if any one can shed some light it will be great.

 

but worst case senario I'm going to have to just get them from overseas

 

thanks in advance guys.

What's the reason the T18 ones don't work? Is the spacing too wide with them?

 

Next option is TA22 or even TA Carina i guess..

 

I'd just make mounts.. That way you can sit the engine where you want it

Te 31s use the same as carina ta10-14, wich is mechanically very similar to the ta22s

 

so educated guess would be that the ta22 brackets will fit

  • Author

Puerto Rico is a looong way away

lol tell me about it took a while for my cross memeber to come from there

What's the reason the T18 ones don't work? Is the spacing too wide with them?

 

Next option is TA22 or even TA Carina i guess..

 

I'd just make mounts.. That way you can sit the engine where you want it

yeah spot on, t-18 spacing is way to wide, plus there the wrong angle..

 

I'm not to keen on making my own now that ive gone through the trouble of geting the original cross member i might aswell find the brackets

 

Te 31s use the same as carina ta10-14, wich is mechanically very similar to the ta22s

 

so educated guess would be that the ta22 brackets will fit

yeah thats what i was also thinking.. i might check them out and test fit everything..

 

people who fit ta22 brackets and mounts to k cross members always state that the engine is to far to the right

 

that just might be in illusion with the master cylinder because the crossmember mounts on a k xmemeber are to far back for a 3t

Yea I found the k series x member mounted the engine to far back when I used celica mounts. Also the angle was not quite right on the mount to the x member but the spacing was good. Measure the mount spacing of the k and t series x members and if they are approx the same I would say ta22 celica mounts would be right.

e3crossmember.th.jpg

 

I probably got the clusters from the same car you got the crossmember off ..

I've put a 3TC into my KE30 with a TE3X crossmember and I used TA22 engine mounts. The 3TC was in a TA22 previously. The engine sits perfectly.

I assumed that the T18 and TA22 engine brackes were the same. Haven't compared them. I've got a spare T18 3TC, I'll have a look.

 

Another thing I had to do was shift the gearbox crossmember back. There are some holes from factory. Then drill holes for the gearbox mount. The new holes were shifted towards the passenger side direction. The distance was calculated based on the dimensions given in the diagram tojo2 posted above.

  • Author

thanks heeps guys turned out the ta22 brackets were a perfect fit, and they came with my 3tc after all :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.