'grumpy' The Jdm Rt104 Corona

InSaNiTy

Yeah, I laugh when I hear 'fully rebuilt' LOL!

My light comes on with hard uphill breaking! Yeah definitely going to baffle the sump on this new engine rebuild if it ever happens.

I definitely recommend switching to the 40-70. I don't notice any difference in performance or engine temp.

It is a very grumpy rg, he reground cams make it wild, I do have some Khana vids but I don't have a youtube account or anything...

Ah now he asks for the impossible haha. I'm at uni atm, Gramps is at home in the shed, so that's a bit difficult to do. Basically it has had an extra leaf added and then all leves reset flat. It then has 2" lowering blocks also. gramps handles like absolute shit though. Wouldn't recommend it's set up. It's purely for looks.

It's still 100mm high all round except for the exhaust, so that's good. Next step on Gramps is to get the exhaust raised about 100mm from the ground, exhaust reattached where it feel off from rough roads, and then extended further back so it doesn't stain under the rear bumper with soot.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... can any of you poor bastards with cart-springs tell us if it is illegal to weld lowering blocks onto the diff, so they are then part of the vehicle structure??

This idea of a long lump of steel held in place by two fragile U-bolts is quite worrying to a man who hasn't had leaf springs since the 1960s!

• 4 weeks later...

So... can any of you poor bastards with cart-springs tell us if it is illegal to weld lowering blocks onto the diff, so they are then part of the vehicle structure??

This idea of a long lump of steel held in place by two fragile U-bolts is quite worrying to a man who hasn't had leaf springs since the 1960s!

Trust me... The u bolts would be a lot safer than the welds.... And less prone to catastrophic failures and all that good stuff.

I actually saw this on speed hunters the other day didn't even realize it was an RC members car! Good One.

Edited by philbey

• 2 months later...

So it's been a few months... the rally car has taken every free second and I fear that this will continue to be the case.

Altezzaclub has put up the rally car build thread on it here: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/64027-how-not-to-build-a-rally-car/

I ran 5th and 4th outright at the last two motorkhanas in Grumpy, and that's first RWD for both days.

Next step is to make a YouTube account to put these vids onto and then this thread shall be revived! :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey mate, love the work you've done.

Do you know what those mirrors are from originally?

Yep, Type C from this bloke - http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/47313-jdm-fender-mirrors/

They're genuinely old, that's for sure. :)

Rally car's been keeping me away from Grumpy.

Like my brother, I fell to peer pressure, and also damaged Grumpy a few weeks back. Too much 7000RPM wheel-spin has finally caused Grumpy's dodgy bottom end to knock.

We went and hoisted it up on the Woolshed Rallying service truck a couple of days ago, will have a look at it if I can ever get time between the rally car and uni.

Rally car build thread is constantly updated unlike this thread, check it out! http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/64027-how-not-to-build-a-rally-car/