So I see frequently people saying the genuine oil filter for k engines is the only one that has the "non flowback valve" but today I bought a RYCO filter which specifically said it has "non flowback valve"... my oil light goes off as soon as the car is started.

just incase anyone was wondering

Members dont see this ad

I recently bought one for the renault that was the same. Historically Ryco oil filters didn't have them until fairly recently. Still prefer Toyota filters for the Corolla's though.

I recently picked up a period NOS Toyota filter for a 2TG in Japan, but I'm a bit funny about things like that. Will look good for a year till it needs changing! Perhaps I could wash it out and reuse. Who cares about engine wear when you have a nice blue filter =)

I recently bought one for the renault that was the same. Historically Ryco oil filters didn't have them until fairly recently. Still prefer Toyota filters for the Corolla's though.

I recently picked up a period NOS Toyota filter for a 2TG in Japan, but I'm a bit funny about things like that. Will look good for a year till it needs changing! Perhaps I could wash it out and reuse. Who cares about engine wear when you have a nice blue filter =)

maybe you could have a cover "printed" based on the NOS 2TG filter to slip on over a new ADM Genuine filter?

i'd buy one!

The cost varies depending on which dealer you purchase your filters from, yzze1 (Thai made) for my ae92 is around $16.00 and the larger japenese unit for the ke70 is around $20.00. Two dealers in Melbourne denied having the larger filter for a ke70 as there too old! So I just get mine from Cannon Toyota in Heidelberg, been doing this since jan last year so the guy knows what I want =)

I had ryco on the ke70 before, whether the car was started daily or not the oil light would glow for 4-5 seconds until the pressure built up Either cold or hot start. The small difference of cost between that and a genuine is small, so its Toyota for me.

All you need is the same thread and sealing face for it to cross reference,

and well clearance of course. Bigger is better, those small oem style filters are

a joke at best, eg one genuine toyota one I opened up inside looked exactly like a

bit of oversize churro with no bypass valve and poor anti drainback valve... nice.