Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryan's Formerly Owned Te31

Featured Replies

  • Author

YES! I have finally undone all the crap the PO messed up on my car. I got the timing in order, distributor set, carb set, and I did a lot of general maintenance so it now idles correctly. I have learned a lot about these 2tc engines from this car. Now if I can pass CA emissions I can start modding / upgrading the car to my liking.

Hear this baby purr:

th_video-2012-09-09-19-27-39.jpg

  • Replies 148
  • Views 194.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sounds GOOD man!

whats that turbo off seems like a tight little setup!

pmed u btw

That sludge does not look good, but I don't know of anything that will really clean it out. The patents start off with a 50:50 mix of kerosine and diesel... drop the oil, fill with the mix, run the motor on idle for "a while" then dump that too. Don't srive it, there is not much lubrication in that mix! I've done it, its nothing spectacular although it does come out filthy. From there you can work your way up through the various oil flush products.

 

The best way is to have it all dipped when you strip the motor and the oilways cleaned out with a brush, for if the oilways are sludged up you wouldn't want to be modifying it for a thrashing.

  • Author

Turbo is off a volvo 4 cyl. gas wagon from the 90's. its a garrett.

 

As for the sludge, I will use some seafoam additive and dump all the crud out the bottom.

  • 1 month later...

Your car looks great, aside from the quarter damage. I want your seats! I got a pic with ta61 wheels. It was my wheel of choice, until I got the supra wheels.

post-15580-0-50514700-1351084081_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Your car looks great, aside from the quarter damage. I want your seats! I got a pic with ta61 wheels. It was my wheel of choice, until I got the supra wheels.

Thanks,

Thats funny. I have the same pic, and I am thinking of toyota super white paint. or possibly black. Either combo will be with lime green subtle accents. I still don't have my seats in. I just have the driver seat in the front, so my girl has to sit in the back.

Painting your car black would look good with the green things you got going on

post-15580-0-85581100-1351145153.jpg

I'm just showing you black would look good with green accents. Don't paint your rims green or put green pin strips.

  • Author

I agree, but there is such a thing as too much. I think mine will have a very little amount of the bright color like this for the rim:

MA61wheel-1.jpg

and the only other places for the green would be the engine covers, coilovers / suspension components, and maybe some other stuff like the brakes. I don't want my car to scream at the cops when I'm driving, but I want it to pop when I open the hood and display my car.

  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a cop and wouldn't mess with your ride:). I did pull over a dodge station wagon, cause it painted aqua blue and pink with pink rims and blue lights. We just wanted to tell him how he ruined the car and wrote him a ticket for the lights in his rims.

The green on the rims look good!

Nice car ,give me your grill and bonnet please ha ha

 

Good work :lol:

 

I hate that we got all the shit engine options over here .

 

rob

  • Author

I'm a cop and wouldn't mess with your ride:). I did pull over a dodge station wagon, cause it painted aqua blue and pink with pink rims and blue lights. We just wanted to tell him how he ruined the car and wrote him a ticket for the lights in his rims.

I used to be in an enforcement position. That must of been fun.
  • Author

Update:

Here in California there are strict smog emissions. For my car, I can use the original carb or there is one other one that was made by weber back in the late 70's / early 80's. These are hard to find due to them being made for CA smog. If you find one you have to have the correct markings and a little tag on it that refers to the article that says its legal .... BAH! what a pain!

It just so happens that my wife got me a little something for my car. it came in a box that looks like this:

 

2012-11-13031408.jpg

 

2012-11-13031639.jpg

 

2012-11-13031701.jpg

32/34 DFT 9A

The kit is overrated condition, but the adapter is missing. I have ordered a piece of .75" x 3" x 12" piece of aluminum that I will make into an adapter. I can't wait till I get this thing past emissions and legal. I promised myself to get this done before I work on anything else.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.