4Age Ae71

Nathan92

So a few weeks back I purchased my 84 ae71 4age powered corolla :).

I have already started a build thread on another site but figured ill be on here much more now as I now have a rolla (previously owned 180sx).

Info

84ae71 with 4age bluetop

vl turbo fuel pump

cool pioneer deck

interior has been painted cream, looks good except the bits that are peelingbootb4.jpgbootwelded.jpgbootdone1.jpg

exterior i suspect is in quik dry enamel or rattle canned on

has really low springs in her (not cut)

had rusty gaurds and boot which is what I'm currently working on

Here is some photo's from my other thread so far untill I do some more work on her.

general pics:

rolla2.jpg

interior-1.jpggaurdlhs.jpggaurdrhs1.jpg4age.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Looks like a lot of work in front of you-

How much did you pay for it? A good rustfree car from inland is only around a grand, I've got my eye on a couple of granny-specs being driven by elderley people around Orange... I supose you'd have to respray it somewhere along the line and that is always expensive.

In W.A mate, there getting harder and harder to find, not to mention more expensive. Not trying to build a show car, just spraying her in acrylic and just generall neaten it up a bit, remove rust..etc. ill be happy aslong as it looks semi clean

The silver is a metalic basecoat so then I can paint the mirrors in a metalic colour. The car will be sprayed in midnight blue, (same colour as inside doors) however I definatelly wouldnt call it blue. Closest colour id say would be midnight purple, really can't wait to paint her but I don't wana rush the body work, aiming to have the aint complete in the next coule weeks.

Also I have ordered new tail lights and door rubbers

Got a little bit done today. painted under the gaurds, and under fuel tank with bitumen paint, also almost finished working on my rear gaurds. Other than that I removed my door handles and locks and have began to sand to bare metal... this may take a while :(.baremetal.jpgbitumen.jpgbitumen2.jpg