April 17, 200719 yr comment_173038 i hear there is a BBQ and a arthurs seat cruise coming up? well this sunday we (TC.org) have put together a little meet/cruise for Sunday at 3:30 pm... meet at BP Stkilda, near the marina... cruise beach road... and have dinner in Mordy ... fishnchips or something... let me know if your keen.... Report
April 17, 200719 yr comment_173043 Welcome to the club mate, sweet ride you have there too, as poz said, love the wheels... would have loved something like that on my Twinky but there too bloody big! Yes, there will be an aurthers seat run coming up soon, check back in the thread labeled "cruise" for the details... will be starting up a new thread for it once we get everything sorted out. Sunday... sounds good. Just have to get my rolla running again... hopefully I will sort that out saturday, we will see what happens! As I said, welcome to Rollaclub. Enjoy your stay, were a freindly bunch and try to have semi regular runs around the place... we even have an anual cruise on the go now! See you round the traps! Jarrad Report
April 17, 200719 yr comment_173064 Welcome to the club Andy :y: That's one sweet lookin SX. I love those wheels. I've been lookin to get wheels for my twinky and sort of decided what to get. They're 17's aren't they? Hope you can make the cruise. The more the merrier. I wouldn't mind makin it to that one in Stkilda. I might see you there. Leigh Report
April 18, 200719 yr comment_173073 Nobbler: These originally came off a twinky in TAS.... so i know they fitted once... but hey.. i aint about to sell em in a hurry so.. heh yeah... find your own!!! I was looking for a darck charcoal rim for ages and nearly parted with heaps of $$$ from Tempe Tyres for something that was nearly hat i wanted... but these came up and i had to have them... not bad i reckon for $600 *does dance* They are 17 X 7... they came with 215/40/17 rubber on two of the rims when i bought them... but they didnt fit.... the rubber was rubbing on the struts in the rear... even now.. there is only a Bees Dick (<-technical term) of space for the wheel to rotate with the 205/40/17's. Come on Sunday if you can.. it will be a pretty lazy cruise. I'm coming back from seeing mum and the siblings on sunday after lunch... hopefully i'll get a chance to wash the car after the drive back to the city, before the cruise. Report
April 18, 200719 yr comment_173135 Hey, if it was a red Twinky I know the one... they looked pretty sweet. Problem is mine is dropped on its guts and I can't fit the taller rubber, even a 205/45/16 wouldnt fit! The Rolla has been brought back to life tonight! So I should be at the run on Sunday... provided the car is still running happily then! SO Webers, you had better come along! Bring Poz with his Pulsar so I can woop his ass! lol, we have to have a night at calder sometime soon! Report
April 19, 200719 yr comment_173164 i would love to come but i've got work, and I'm about ready to burn the pulsar, still not running right, it one thing after another with this car, i'm offically looking for a new car, well actully trying to get loan for new car. Report
April 19, 200719 yr comment_173185 Nobbler: yeah a red twnky..... nice clean car that one... see you sunday.. get me on MSN if you want... Report
April 19, 200719 yr comment_173244 I should be there. I broke my handbrake on a mates steep drive way on wednesday so I'll have to fix that first but I definitely want to come. I want to catch up with some old faces and meet some new ones. Stew might be comin, hopefully!! Report
April 21, 200719 yr comment_173383 Stu better come! you guys have to see my neww..... ummm, , , trim? lol Report
April 26, 200719 yr comment_174116 G'day one and all, i'm Tate. I (meaning my missus) just bought a KE55, and my mate is on the supra forums, and he hooked me up with this site, so i thought why not, and joined up :wub: i really dunno what else to put in here, so i'll go on a little rant... my first corolla was a KE70, which my parents bought new back in march '84. was a daily driver for my mum since about '88. when i got my L's, i drove it to school and back every day for 2 1/2 yrs (mid 2000-end 2002). i then inherited it after i came back from an O/S trip late '03. went thru several 2nd hand heads and a second hand 4K-C before finally 'retiring' (read - blew the engine) it in dec '04. have been carless until nov '06 when i bought my bosses EL XR6 cheap, with the hope to sell it and buy another rolla, but i still havn't sold it :jamie: and while i've been looking for a KExx coupe, my missus was rear-ended and had her '94 lancer written-off. so with the little money she got from her insurance company, we managed to find a very well loved '81 KE55 for $1200 Audrey i think that's enough for now, look forward to talking/meeting you all over the coming months dfunkt Report
April 26, 200719 yr comment_174121 G'day there! Welcome to the club Tate! I have to say, the rolla is looking really clean... I had one very similar to it so I have a soft spot for them! can't wait to see it on the road! Hope you find this site a informative and usefull, were pretty relaxed over here so treat us all right and we will do the same to you! Just hope you can spell better than me! If you have any questions mate, ask away! Cheers, Jarrad Report
April 27, 200719 yr comment_174291 My name's Dave and I live in East Brunswick. I currently drive a stock 1973 KE20. Love that car. Looking to put a sweet engine in it and keep it going 'til I die. Can't wait to get some ideas and advice on what engine to drop in and where I can go to get the work done. Also looking to buy another KE10 or KE20 runaround for my squeeze. Rolla Background: My 1st car (when I was aged 16 - in 1990) was a 1969 KE10 fitted with a 3K engine. 2nd car was a stock 1972 KE20 3rd car was a 1969 KE10 with a K engine (rebuilt that one myself, and someone nicked it!) 4th car was a Kingswood (let's not talk about that) 5th (and current) car is the one I've got now. Driven it all over Victoria, but she's more of a city runner 'til I can get her a little bit of TLC. Edited April 27, 200719 yr by Shackas Report
April 27, 200719 yr comment_174303 Welcome to the club dfunkt and shackas! Hope to catch up with you guys on a cruise. We're friendly bunch and I hope you get as much out of this forum as I have. The more the merrier! Leigh Report
April 28, 200719 yr comment_174387 The more the merrier! Leigh Agreed, we seem to be getting up there in the numbers stakes for the Vic section of RC. Gotta be happy with that! Now all we have to do is get people to events! Anyway, welcome Shackas! Nice to see you well and truely an early girl fan! Your gonna fit right in! Jarrad Report
May 4, 200719 yr comment_175728 hi guys, I'm Nic I'm from Benalla, (its near shepparton if u havent heard of it) just signed up then, i love rolla's, i had a 1981 corolla sedan, but i sold it to a mate a while ago, but I'm goin to have look at one tomorrow to buy(i think its a 79 or 80) i would like to get some 17's for it and lower it a bit, or sum 15's and dump it soon! also i would love to get a rollaclub sticker for the back window to support the site, so any info on that would be great cheers guys Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now