Are You A New Vic Member?

kangaroosa

Hey guys, I'm Sim, signed up afew weeks ago but thought i'd actually say hi. just recently bought a Ke20 off glenn_87 off this forum to use as a daily, just waiting for it to get sent over from adelaide :S

I'm not going to be doing much too it, just gona tidy it up abit, keep it prety much stock. ordered some venetians for it today and am currently on the hunt for the dress trim on the rims, i have the centre hub cap but not the outer ring part. does anyone know of any oldskool toyota wreckers around the eastern suburbs of melb?

Members dont see this ad

Hi Guys,

My name's Chris. I live in Epping and own a 79 KE55s. I called it colonel mustard but i've noticed somebody else calling theirs by the same name (I'll just shorten it to the Colonel) I'm currently using it as a daily driver although I have plans for it (as I'm sure alot of you have for your own corollas). I have always loved the shape and as of approx six months ago I finally own one. Its just a stocker running a 4k-c with a k40 box. have made a few little tweaks so far like head unit, parcel tray, removed clock from dash and replaced with a tacho. steering wheel, halogen H4 headlights and a pair of spotlights. There will be plenty to follow as soon as i get another daily driver.

Cheers.

P.S. Great forum, very informative.

post-3556-1178945788_thumb.jpg

post-3556-1178945822_thumb.jpg

G'day to Sim and Colonel! Welcome to Rollaclub!

Sorry I missed you before Sim, I have been slack and didnt say Hi!

Both the Rollas sound/look great, I love the early girls (so do most of the people on this forum) so your both going to fit right in here.

Keep an eye out in the Melb section for updates on upcoming events etc and enjoy the site!

If you have any questions feel free to ask, will hepl where we can.

Jarrad

still kinda new, but more importantly, new car. Barry Crocker is the newest edition to the family. He's yellow, rusting out along the rear wheel arches, along the roof sill, the passenger side of the rear windshield, and there's a hole immediately behind the right rear wheel arch (curse toyota's for letting water in through the bottom corners of their rear windshield), the interior belonged to a dog (he was white, fluffy and barked at me alot) so it's in need of replacing and it had a rear louvre which i might be re-installing if i can be bothered remounting the points on the rear windshield.

I havn't yet got a roadworthy, i need to get the rust fixed, a new drivers seat and seatbelt (thanks doggie), the steering column moves up and down a bit, and the stupid box surrounding the steering column rotates a bit...but hopefully it'll be on the road by friday and all for less than $2000.

dfunkt

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all I'm from Box Hill and till recently was driving a beat up ta 22 i found a ke20 up for auction as part of a deceased estate and for a stupidly small amount won the bidding 85000 miles 1 owner car sadly it has been run with a cracked head for years and now the motor is in need of a rebuild also have a ke15 sprinter now to keep it company its more of a long term project as i find the parts i need

post-3709-1181383598.jpgpost-3709-1181383729.jpgpost-3709-1181383683.jpg

Edited by TheNOBBLER

Welcome to the club Garth!

A couple of nice cars you have there mate, looks like a stupidly good find! I'm going to have to keep my eyes out for something of the like!

Anyway, hope you find Rollaclub as fun and friendly as I do, you will no doubt find most of the info you need on here and if you don't feel free to ask away!

Welcome again and hope to see you at an upcoming Vic event.

Jarrad

welcome garth.

All I can say is that your one very lucky person to own 2 cars that are nearly identical to what I have owned before. The KE20 is exactly the same but I had a blue KE17 not a red KE15.

I'm Green with envy ;) cause out of all my corollas I've owned, those 2 I wish I had have kept :bash:

Oh well :sigh:

Welcome again n I hope to see these beauties out n about some day :y:

Leeroy

Hey all,

I'm Dougal, a 16yo from the eastern suburbs of melbourne. I don't have my rolla yet,

but i will be buying a ke20 in the next few months (when i have the dough).

I will be working up the 3k with hot cams, extractors, webers, harmonic balancing for the internals and maybe oversize pistons.

It will basically be a cool first car for me, and hopefully i will learn a lot from the process, i will put up some pics when i get it.

cyas

Hey all,

I'm Dougal, a 16yo from the eastern suburbs of melbourne. I don't have my rolla yet,

but i will be buying a ke20 in the next few months (when i have the dough).

I will be working up the 3k with hot cams, extractors, webers, harmonic balancing for the internals and maybe oversize pistons.

It will basically be a cool first car for me, and hopefully i will learn a lot from the process, i will put up some pics when i get it.

cyas

Welcome to the club Rad Rolla. Glad to see you've got your head on straight for your choice in what vehicle to choose. I've had a couple of those and they are alot of fun. Glad to see that you are choosing The Best Carbies on the planet (I'm not biased...hehe). Hope to see you on some cruises in the future.

Cheers, Webers

It's great too see so many new faces with old rolla's... even better to know that they aren't being sold to scrapyards and destroyed! speaking of which, my 20 is a few steps closer to owning its place on the road... it's mechanically sound now, no leaks anymore. still needs 2 tyres and wheel alignment and gotta hook the heater up too (silly people replaced the water pump and didn't bother about the heater) today's another day i'm spending cleaning her up, windows and interior again, there's a lovely film of grease on the inside of my windscreen courtesy of the mechanics and subzero temperatures in the west :(

WEBERS: i think i speak for everyone here, you need to get yourself an old rolla again :D drop the VH idea (i know you won't), find a nice old sprinter, bolt on your webers and away you go :D :) :D we know you want to, and you do too...

Edited by dfunkt

• 2 weeks later...

hi there vic/melb people..

well.. i'm not really new as i've been browsing this site from ages ago lol. i just don't post that often :dance:

anyways, my name is deri and i'm from reservoir in the nothern suburbs. i currently drive a stock ae92 seca (link in the sig :y:)

anyone from nothern suburbs as well?

deri

Hey there Deri,

I'm suprised noone has said g'dayyet! I have been away (still am, just got to mildura after having to get my car towed from halls gap to melb and get a hire car for the rest of my trip!) so I havent been on to give you a greeting!

Well, here goes...

Welcome to the club... now back date that almost 2 years and were set!

Theres a fair few of us from the northers burbs but I'm not sure how many are active in the Vic/Melb section. Personally I'm from Dear Park over in the west but there are a fair few over on the peninsula and I know that cam (MRMOPARMAN) is from up north.

Anyway, hope we hear more of you in the Vic section!

Jarrad

Hey there Deri,

I'm suprised noone has said g'dayyet! I have been away (still am, just got to mildura after having to get my car towed from halls gap to melb and get a hire car for the rest of my trip!) so I havent been on to give you a greeting!

Well, here goes...

Welcome to the club... now back date that almost 2 years and were set!

Theres a fair few of us from the northers burbs but I'm not sure how many are active in the Vic/Melb section. Personally I'm from Dear Park over in the west but there are a fair few over on the peninsula and I know that cam (MRMOPARMAN) is from up north.

Anyway, hope we hear more of you in the Vic section!

Jarrad

thanks Jarrad! have a good trip too.

halls gap hey? i almost hit a kangaroo at 110 km/h on the highway on my way back home from halls gap last month. lucky i didn't! :)

welcome deri :) kangaroo's...like hitting a rat, a BIG rat! funnily enough, i almost took one out between gisbourne and baccchus marsh last weekend. was in the middle of the road, went to jump left and it slipped and fell over where it was. which is lucky, because i had swerved left to go around it...