October 20, 200817 yr comment_283007 Hey all, My name is Sian, I'm 18 years old and about to undergo VCE exams. I joined up about a month ago while looking for a car to buy. Bought a KE30 4 door. http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=24173 Good to be a part of this club, It's helped me already. Cheers Sian Edited October 20, 200817 yr by RedKE30 Report
October 20, 200817 yr comment_283133 Mmm welcome Sian. I'm in year 12 as well, it's hard to choose between car or study. DAMN HARD. Great to see your appearing on the vic section now. Matt. Report
October 20, 200817 yr comment_283185 Whoops my bad, my name is Ben. And here's a couple more pics. Report
October 21, 200817 yr comment_283195 Hi my name is matt and i'm the owner of a 2dr 1970 ke11. Not on the road as yet. getting an new worked 4k heart transplant at the end of the year (the 3k was a bit smokey). and ke 70 disc brake upgrade. Plans: going to make it up a original looking sound box, all speakers hidden to the best of my ability. nice suttle paint job, thinking quicksilver metalic with some matt/satin black inserts. vanitian blinds dumped on its arse and some decent sized stockies (hoping for 15") wrapped in redwalls just a re-assesment on the plans maybe it won't look super original. check out my album to have a peak Report
October 24, 200817 yr comment_284237 Whoops my bad, my name is Ben.And here's a couple more pics. Hey Ben. Glad to see you made it on here. I spotted you on Sunday in Lilydale. I love seeing your car out n about LB Report
October 24, 200817 yr comment_284260 Hey everyone, Name: Pete Ride: 78 KE30 Color: Blue Live: Kyneton, (striaght up the calder hwy towards bendigo) Project: Remove 3k auto put in a 1ggte 5 speed. With all the goodies like power steer, race brakes etc. Car History: One elderly lady driver. Only damage is a small hole in carpet and the front bumper looks it got caught on something and is pulled out slightly. Looking For: Knowledge on how to get all of this to fit. So far my thoughts consist of modified sump and angle grinders. Any other ideas? May spot me in frankston soon moving there in the new year. Edited October 24, 200817 yr by Pete Report
October 24, 200817 yr comment_284272 Hey everyone, Name: Pete Ride: 78 KE30 Color: Blue Live: Kyneton, (striaght up the calder hwy towards bendigo) Project: Remove 3k auto put in a 1ggte 5 speed. With all the goodies like power steer, race brakes etc. Car History: One elderly lady driver. Only damage is a small hole in carpet and the front bumper looks it got caught on something and is pulled out slightly. Looking For: Knowledge on how to get all of this to fit. So far my thoughts consist of modified sump and angle grinders. Any other ideas? May spot me in frankston soon moving there in the new year. Also if someone could let me know who is charge of thos area that would be great. Report
October 29, 200817 yr comment_285561 Hey Pete, welcome to RollaClub. Project sounds good, can't beat the 1owner cars if they have been well kept! As for who is in charge, well, over the whole site the Moderators and Admin rule the roost. As for sub regions, we have region leaders who have some control over what goes on in there own region. For instance, I can't go into the SA region (or any others) and modify posts etc whereas I can in the Vic section. So I guess the short answer is the Admins and Mods are in charge and run the place. Again, welcome. JP Report
October 29, 200817 yr comment_285609 I think Pete may have meant who's in charge of the actual suburb....... If this is the case then although nothings official i'd have to say stu, leigh and the pozman rule that side of town!! But yes, Jarrad is our region leader unfortunately :) Report
October 30, 200817 yr comment_285919 I think Pete may have meant who's in charge of the actual suburb....... If this is the case then although nothings official i'd have to say stu, leigh and the pozman rule that side of town!! But yes, Jarrad is our region leader unfortunately :bash: Right you are!! If you need a Funky-town pass, you'll have to see one of us :no2: .....hehe But since you've joined the rollaclub, you get certain privileges for here :) LB = Leeroy Brown :bash: Report
November 4, 200817 yr comment_287292 Look guys and gals... here comes another newbie! I happened to be crawling around on the net today and stumbled across these forums; you all seem like friendly folk, so thought I might stop by and introduce myself... So... I live in the eastern suburbs of Victoria, my name is... Kozmo :( if you'd like to find out my actual name then you're on a mission to spot my car and have a chat with me (Look out for the L Plates |blink| ). The Short Story As of 2 weeks ago, an AE92 SX Seca has turned into a first car for one excited owner :o . The Longer Story After a month of comparing different 1990ish cars back in early 2007 the AE9X SX/GTi corolla came out as a clear winner - parts are easy to source, it has a 4AGE copy of a BDA, which runs on the smell of an oily rag (when you're not driving "enthusiastically") - what more could you want in a first car? After going to see a fair few SX Secas and one trashed GTi, this Seca came up advertised on the net, and it was only down the road! After running a leak down test and having good look over the whole car... I bought the thing (for a bit too much) :D Due to the fact I'm on my L's at the moment and I've only just got the rego and insurance sorted out a couple days ago it's killing me inside that I haven't had a good chance to have a good drive in it, especially with Mount Dandenong looking at me every time I step outside the house. At least during the time it's taken to sort out the rego etc I've had some time to replenish all the fluids and have a close look at the brakes (I think it might be nice to feel assured that the car is going to stop when coming down Mount Dandenong :o ) Edited February 5, 200917 yr by Kozmo Report
November 4, 200817 yr comment_287304 Welcome to the Club/Family Kozmo. Good to see another ae9x model to join us. When do you get your licence to start joining us on our cruises? Report
November 5, 200817 yr comment_287399 I will be able to get my P's in May next year. However, the ol' man was also born with petrol running through his veins (and passed it down to me) :( . He used to belong to and organise some events in a car club in the UK, they traveled through Europe in a convoy of Lotus 7's and a handful of other cars back in the 80's. In short, there is a chance that I could still tag along at the next event (as a passenger) if I can get the ol' man interested enough |blink| . Edited November 5, 200817 yr by Kozmo Report
November 5, 200817 yr comment_287488 Sweet, i was in a similar situation as you not too long ago! Welcome Kozmo. Matt. Report
November 7, 200817 yr comment_288037 Hey Guys, My name is Eze, and I recently got the ke15 on ebay (white near bendigo) having multiple head aches (cannot get parts!!!) but loving the tinny thing been wanting a ke15 since I was about 19 :) I'm in the west so anyone out here SHout Out :) hope to see some kids when theres a cruise org or something, PS been looking at the posts, lots of yummy cars out there. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now