Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1975 Ke30 Honda F20C Conversion

Featured Replies

  • Author

Engine mounts all cut and tack welded. Now to get them finished. Pics to come soon

  • Replies 161
  • Views 447.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • So my "work truck" corolla blew a head gasket, and I haven't had much time to do the s2krolla. The head gasket and electrical problems on the other rolla now solved/ fixed so I can continue work on th

  • Plastic welded together to make right shape         start for fibre glassing job     whole facia shaped and brackets made for radio and gauge cluster.     switches fitted for air

  • Darthleeweed
    Darthleeweed

    Good Job Macca keep at it :)

Posted Images

  • Author

Only about an inch of space between rocker cover and bonnet.

 

post-16294-0-98781400-1386502078_thumb.jpg

 

Crossmember and left and right engine mount.

 

post-16294-0-24139700-1386502118_thumb.jpg

 

Engine mounts again. The left mount needed a hole cut out of it to fit a stupid knobby thing sticking off the side of the sump. They base plates are fabricated from 6mm mild steel plate. The out riggers are made from 4mm mild steel square tube. There is only the one continuous weld on the mounts, so they should be immensely strong. It took me 10 minutes to cut along one edge with a 2400Watt steel cut-off saw as its sooo thick!!!!!

 

post-16294-0-49979300-1386502146_thumb.jpg

 

And the other angle. Note that they are only tack welded. The big slugs are being laid down by my uncle as he a pro welder. Was going to get these made by a fab shop but decided to give it a go myself. When the edges are all finished and routed and its been painted, should look awesome.

 

post-16294-0-81737500-1386502177_thumb.jpg

 

And finally my sub woofer... can't remember if I posted it up here yet.

 

post-16294-0-03107000-1386502226_thumb.jpg

post-16294-0-45125000-1386502271_thumb.jpg

Edited by maccat01

  • Author

And a pic of the daily driver with some freshly painted celica 14 inch wheels.

I got two punctures on the way to work a few weeks ago and had these wheels laying around.

 

post-16294-0-53780300-1386504212_thumb.jpg

 

 

 

 

  • Author

Oooopppps. Head gasket in green car is dead!!!!!!! NOOOOOO

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Will post a how I made it when home

Head gasket in green car is dead!

 

Arrgh! Must be the hot weather! I hate it when all my cars break at once!

  • Author

I think it is.

I took the head to get a full service, but it appears my rad is blocked or water pump stuffed. Its overheating at high speed now, not waiting at the lights.

 

As for the modified one. I tried to post some pics last nite but it didnt post them for some reason.

 

My Engine cross member and mounts are complete so will have pics soon.

My dash surrounds have all been cut, fibreglassed and sanded and are awaiting a covering of carbon fibre.

I have cut speedo cluster mounts and mounts for my Pioneer DVD screen out of 3mm thick galvanised steel sheet. Real pain in the ass to get the right shape too.

I have fibreglassed my usb and aux ports into the s2000 centre console this part is also waiting for carbon fibre.

When i get paint and primer my crossmember and all suspension parts with be painted and finished.

I will be welding the s2000 transmission tunnel when i have time to get the crossmember in the car in a couple of weeks. Most of the build is being held up because i need the tunnel in to measure where the seats will mount.

I have started to shape my boot install and am in the process of cutting out the floor out of 10mm mdf board.

Pics will deffo come tonight

  • Author

post-16294-0-44482600-1390654764_thumb.jpg

 

post-16294-0-60713300-1390654720_thumb.jpg

 

Plastic welded together to make right shape

 

post-16294-0-06851000-1390654683_thumb.jpg

 

post-16294-0-48531300-1390654828_thumb.jpg

 

post-16294-0-16589900-1390654900_thumb.jpg

 

start for fibre glassing job

 

post-16294-0-94787000-1390654923_thumb.jpg

 

whole facia shaped and brackets made for radio and gauge cluster.

 

post-16294-0-22680100-1390654998_thumb.jpg

 

switches fitted for air horn, driving lights and random stuff

 

post-16294-0-61825700-1390654954_thumb.jpg

 

usb/aux panel fitted courtesy of my wrx.

 

post-16294-0-30990700-1390655077_thumb.jpg

 

sound system and my new 7 inch monitor for rear seat passengers. It will be built into trans tunnel as it is running back to the rear seats

 

 

  • Author

post-16294-0-53961600-1390656305_thumb.jpg

 

post-16294-0-89730100-1390656357_thumb.jpg

 

post-16294-0-26895700-1390656399_thumb.jpg

 

metal brackets for radio and fibreglass brackets for speedo. ( fibre glass speedo brackets have been replaced... they worked very well and were super strong, but there was no adjustment in them, and as such when I fitted cluster surround it sat out by a few mm... so I just cut new ones and the same shape from 3mm steel...

Interesting set up Dave and looking like it is coming together quite nicely. Never been the sort of person for large ICE system but will be very interested to see the final product. Especially like the AUX and USB input point. What year was the WRX that you poached that little trinket from???

  • Author

It was from a 2011 wrx. I owned one for a short while but ran out of money to pay for it :-(. Very good car but better to have money to live haha.

they cost about $100 from dealer but ill have to fish out the part number if you want one as its not listed as a spare part on australian dealer network parts catalogue!!

 

Thanks for that Dave it would be appreciated.

  • Author

Ill have a search for the part number tonight for you

  • Author

@ robski.

 

There are quite a few variants of the subaru centre console ports. There is usb/ aux, just usb, just aux, aux with component R/W/Y and usb with R/W/Y. I'm having trouble finding the one i have but it appears the easiest one to aquire is the usb with R/W/Y.

ill post a full list of parts numbers when home this arvo.

  • Author

I would suggest going to a wrecker as there are unfortunately people among us that should never have a licence, but still go and buy stupidly fast cars.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.