Lowering Block Info

Ok so bought lowering blocks. Got them home and they didnt fit after been told theres two different kinds for a ke30 and sussing out which ones i need they still don't fit...Heres why the centre bolt on the lowering block is to big..as in diametre the centre bolt on the block is 25mm and the hole where it goes into on the axle is only 18mm.

So I'm wondering if anyone has run into the same problem, or if anyone knows a part number for what i need!!

Thanks guys

Members dont see this ad

its similar to the effect of axel tramp, but with lowering blocks the effect is multiplied as the moment arm is increased.

essentially when power is applied, the diff winds up and flexes the leaf springs in the "s" shape as below.

not a big problem in stock k powered cars...as there is no power to twist the springs!

the below image shows the spring twist, and also shows traction rods which help to keep the spring straight under hard acceleration.

00000033.jpg

Edited by ke70dave

I had the same problem, I'm just going to get the pin turned down, also need a ?shim? Sort of thing for the bolt in the leaf pack to make it 24mm for the hole in the bottom of the block.

As for model numbers, for a borg Warner diff with 19mm locating hole, the model number is LBTOY## where ## is the height of blocks in mm. So LBTOY50 for 2" drop. But this was for a ke70 wagon, not sure if the ubolts are the same for a '30