Stephens Ke30

rxstephen

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys its been ages since i last posted, and ive done alot in that time :D Firstly got a fourth black racing wheel to match the others and it looks wicked. Cheering. After that i focused on putting the ta22 struts in, so i went down to the wreckers and picked up sigma gh lower control arms, ra40 steering knuckles and rack ends, and other (chrome peices and a new front guard! looks hot). Then went out and bought new tierod ennds, ball joints and nolathen bushes. Got them all pressed in, and was ready to put everything in. As i was putting them in, all was going well, then i found that the sigma control arms with bushes were way bigger than the ke30 ones. From then on, i thought it was going to be a long day, hoever it wasnt to bad. Got a peice of metal as a wedge and then passed the control arm through. Bolted everything up and viola camber. I'm pretty happy that i got the earlier model arms than the later, because the car has a good amount of camber and handles alot better, and not a stupid amount that is cop attracting. Also cut thesprings to make it abit lower, howver now regret it as the tyres scrape the guards. From now saving money for coilovers, shocks, wheel allignment, and new leaf springs to bloody lower the back lol

Before-

IMG_3830.jpg

After-

IMG_4139.jpg

2f36bbcf.jpg

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

Well, considering the back hasn't been touched as yet, nows a good chance to loan some rear fats and say it's the "Victor Bray Series" KE30 :D

Question: Is it me? Or can I see a decent size gap between your LHS guard and front door? Either looks like it has been hit or it wasn't fixed in at the time of the pic or what...

A nice 5 inch VDO monster tacho would look good on that dash. :D

i just recently put on in my ke30. i made up a bracket for it to go infront of the am radio. The brackets made from a gate hinge and a piece of flat bar.

heres a picture:

monster.jpg

You like?

• 2 months later...

got abit of work done on the rolla in the past couple of weeks. The first thing was that all the rust was cut out, because the rego was going to run out. But (cause I'm lazy) i just left the car and let it run out of rego. Since then ive done a couple of small things like nardi steering wheel, vdo tacho,ke70 centre console thingo, and lowering blocks (for the mean time). I also got a 5k with a 5speed g/box with a 32/36 weber on it, and bought 4 into 1 extractors. For now I'm trying to save up for rego so that i don't allow it to need a blue slip, cause my car most probably will not pass a blue slip. Ive got a problem however, as I'm not sure what to do after i get rego

-leave the motor out and work it or

-put in the motor as it is.

Its just for every day driving and I'm not sure whether the 5k atm will have enough power. What do you guys think?

stephen