Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5K Reving Problem

Featured Replies

Lol! I put the Wade 169 on the graph, and it matched up perfectly with my Crow 606. There are two cams under the red curve. I've never had mine over 6000rpm, but the inch & 1/4 SUs might be a bit small for 7500!

post-7544-0-38912900-1346763127_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 52
  • Views 79.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would of thought that they would of been enough as I was only running two normal 3k carbs on a 3kb manifold. Guess I liked to hear my 5k howling in pain :)

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Just thought I'd give you all an update and may help others in the future..

 

So firstly, my revving issue was likley due to the main jets over sized (135) causing the spark to die at 5000rpm so I put in 110s and was revving to 6000rpm no problem - but was not happy with that so I put another cam in. I went with camteh 609

 

(http://www.camtechca..._4cyl_3k4k.html) given I'm running 10.1 comp. otherwise I probably would have gone all the way..

 

Anyway, Changed it over two days (what a b... to change, taking that sump off plus for some reason my lifters would not come out through the head - anyway all done now) installation went very well with start up being very successful - p.s. first cam change plus running solids.

 

After running in the cam, it was straight out with the tacho reving to 8000rpm no problem with power all the way (even on the brake :rocknroll: ).

 

Tried to put a small video up on the first start up but didn't let me.. I'll try and put in on youtube and send the link over.

Looks like the camteh 609 is better suited to the K engine than the Kinetic cam. The Kinetic has a duration of 208 @0.05" lift, while the camtech 609 is 231/335, so the camtech would rev more, together with the larger lift. The kinetic seems like an odd combination with the advertised duration at 289.4

  • 2 weeks later...

3" droopy ftw :) Same as my old KE20

 

Rocker breather is a bit loose though :P

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.