5K Reving Problem

ke20 king

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd give you all an update and may help others in the future..

So firstly, my revving issue was likley due to the main jets over sized (135) causing the spark to die at 5000rpm so I put in 110s and was revving to 6000rpm no problem - but was not happy with that so I put another cam in. I went with camteh 609

(http://www.camtechca..._4cyl_3k4k.html) given I'm running 10.1 comp. otherwise I probably would have gone all the way..

Anyway, Changed it over two days (what a b... to change, taking that sump off plus for some reason my lifters would not come out through the head - anyway all done now) installation went very well with start up being very successful - p.s. first cam change plus running solids.

After running in the cam, it was straight out with the tacho reving to 8000rpm no problem with power all the way (even on the brake :rocknroll: ).

Tried to put a small video up on the first start up but didn't let me.. I'll try and put in on youtube and send the link over.

Looks like the camteh 609 is better suited to the K engine than the Kinetic cam. The Kinetic has a duration of 208 @0.05" lift, while the camtech 609 is 231/335, so the camtech would rev more, together with the larger lift. The kinetic seems like an odd combination with the advertised duration at 289.4

• 2 weeks later...