Ninjamekaniks Ke55 Hardtop

NinjaMekanik

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah will see how it goes. There is enough slack in the flexible lines that i can just switch it around and re-orientate the lever if i need so all good. Mostly motorkhana stuff anyway so will pretty much be 1st or 2nd gear action. don't think the lil 4k will be enough to make it a drift machine.

Have an SR20 at home but don't want to get involved in a engine transplant as of yet .... wanna make sure the chassis and suspension is right before i do that.

So i started to patch up the holes in the back of the bumper. Started to sand back the paint and I was stunned at the previous attempts to fix this. The rear bar is pretty much constructed from bog ....

will upload pics tomorrow.

Too scared to start the rest of the car or it will turn into a massive bodywork project which i didn't really want to tackle at this stage

So this is what i found when i started cleaning up the rear bar :abuse: so shlt. oh well.

post-17114-0-43694100-1351322281_thumb.jpg

post-17114-0-29524800-1351322319_thumb.jpg

post-17114-0-23351100-1351322355_thumb.jpg

Looks like ill have to do the same to cover up. Want to run a few races/motorkhanas/whateva before i spend heaps of time on the body, want to make sure I'm happy with the car. Jus gonna get rid of rust and cover up for now so its at least "presentable".

When I'm happy with performance and handling ill get back and focus on making the body sweet as.

EDIT: the little weld on patches on the LHS was my doing ..... never welded sheet metal before so leave me alone haha

the RHS was there beforehand ... id like to think mine was a better job??

Edited by NinjaMekanik

Also took some picsof the front end with the new front lip - thanks to DPM automotive cheers mate.

Shows the poor silvia being ignored.

post-17114-0-31074800-1351322731_thumb.jpg

post-17114-0-85365600-1351322774_thumb.jpg

post-17114-0-56962900-1351322812_thumb.jpg

post-17114-0-60147600-1351322849_thumb.jpg

Kind of ironic I'm focusing my time on the lil corolla whin i have an RB26DETT powered silvia sitting there built to drift hahaha. hmmmm oh well.

I bought the silvia like that though so i have no pride in it. Whereas the lil corolla is my build from a standard granny spec.

Still not sure if making right choice by focusing time on this instead of silvia.. will see when i take the corolla out finally!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd drive that Silvia. I hate Silvia's but I'd drive that one.

And that DPB lip looks really good bro, I was a bit iffy on them but it suits yours well. Might be the lack of a bumper.

Yea I'm pretty happy with the lip.

The silvia is fun... Pretty damn fast but so expensive to run. Rb parts are bullshlt expensive. I had it for like a month and the t belt broke, bent all valves like a bannana. Was bout 3 grand to fix with me doing labour!

• 4 weeks later...

so have been doing a little but of work on it the last couple weeks. I've put on a set of extractors and a weber 32/36. Was hoping it would run but no such luck. Seems like running way too rich to get it driveable.

Heres a vid -

So if anyone has any spare jets that they arent using after getting theirs right let me know.

Chasing:

130 mains

170 air correctors

50 idle

This seems to be a general basline from what ive read - any feedback on that would be great as i don't really know what i'm doing in this department lol

EDIT: mrs using my Iphone camera - doesnt get which way to hold it

Edited by NinjaMekanik

Ok so i pulled the top the carby last night and these are the jets in it

Primary/secondary

140/135mains

160/175 air jets

50/55 low speed

So couple questions, why are the secondary air jets larger than primary?

I would have thought that it should at lest run with these settings. Stock 4k with extractors...

Ive checked and i don't THINK there is an air leak, i used starter spray around intake and carby while it was trying to run and made no difference.

Havent checked ignition timing yet,

Ran very well with stock carby and exhaust

This is a vid of what its doing

Edited by NinjaMekanik

ok so another question do all 32/36's have a mixture screw? the place where google tells me the mixture screw should be looks like it is blocked off.

ive also ordered a ebay special timing light so when that arrives ill check the timing. can't see that being the issue tho since i havent touched any of the ignition components.

• 1 month later...

ok small update no pics yet

Pretty sure problems with carby are all sorted. Was two things.

1. Crap fuel

2. The new extractors i had fitted had HUGE welds connecting the manifold flange to the pipes on cylinder 3. This meant when the bolt on the bottom of the manifold was tightened it bottomed out on the exhaust however did not geet close enought to get a sufficient seal on the intake manifold. - Trap for young players.

So ground the weld down an bit and rechecked now heaps better. Still notperfect but that may be down to the exahust now.

Exhaust is booked for next saturday. Getting 'hot dog' resonator with 2" all the way.

Any thoughts on muffler?

• 2 weeks later...

Not heaps has happened, got the exhaust done as mentioned before. It definitely runs alot better now. it still surges alot when cold but to be expected with no choke mechanism on the carby i guess.

Got a steering wheel for chrissy so pumped about that looks pretty sweet.

Some Pics:

post-17114-0-23128400-1357165797_thumb.jpg

post-17114-0-96387300-1357165884_thumb.jpg

Edited by NinjaMekanik