Ke70 Diff Help !

gt500biatch

Members dont see this ad

What sort of locking are we talking here?

Welding one spider gear to another so they can't move at all??

or filling in a couple of teeth with weld so there is 3/4turn of rotation before the other spider gear runs into that block of weld??

Two ratios really, 4.1 from a manual car, 4.3 from an auto.

hahaha when i got it of the old owner the diff was already munted :( but now its worse, more jerking,screetching etc.

I think I know what your problem is, you have a locked diff...

But seriously, they invented the differential about a billion years ago because a non-differential axel was never going to work properly in a normal car. Why do you think going back to a non-differential rear end is an "up-grade" for your road-going car? Use your brain and replace your busted diff with a normal T series diff, or if it's a track car you should use your brain and replace your busted diff with a normal T series diff.... wait, did I just say the same thing? Derrrrrr

Edited by rian

A locking differential, differential lock, diff lock or locker is a variation on the standard automotive differential. A locking differential may provide increased traction compared to a standard, or "open" differential by restricting each of the two wheels on an axle to the same rotational speed without regard to available traction or differences in resistance seen at each wheel.

A locking differential is designed to overcome the chief limitation of a standard open differential by essentially "locking" both wheels on an axle together as if on a common shaft. This forces both wheels to turn in unison, regardless of the traction (or lack thereof) available to either wheel individually.

@altezzaclub. would a diff shop be able to do the filling of the teeth ? sounds better than just welding :)

Any farmer could do it.... Fill a tooth gap with weld in a spider gear so it can't mesh with the gear next to it. Then do the other gears so all 4 hit a weld at once. That gives you most of the gear to rotate the wheels independently before they lock.