Not A Rolla But Still Cool (Ra40)

sebsta

hi all, my names sebastian i like toyotas :) thought i might share what got me into toyotas.

its is a 1980 ra40 celica

it has a stock 18rc the only engine mod is the exhaust which is a 2" straight through with a single hotdog =D

we brought the car for local autocross events so we got to work painting it in full race spec paint ;)

our first event was fun bouncing off tyres and running off the road , so we decied to upgrade the supension as it colasped , after the beefed up supension the car went much better 546751_204448103004091_1033987219_n.jpg

, we got some 14x7 hotwires . we raced the car as it was for the rest of the year .

547851_239446966170871_1344219296_n.jpg

now have installed gen1 chrome bars ,

post-17093-0-46090800-1361354173_thumb.jpg

post-17093-0-81394700-1361354237_thumb.jpg

thanks for reading

Members dont see this ad

Hi there Seb great looking ra40 you have there we also race short course and have 2 ra40s if you have a look at Tommys thread there are pictures on page 9, our cars have been slightly modified (let pictures tell story) you will also see that not all go'es well with racing any way great looking car and all the best with it (HAVE FUN).

Cheers:- Stuart (Thomas dad).

They're all coming out of the woodwork!

get an 18RG!!

We use Sigma LCAs for plenty of turn-in, and have just fitted rear springs from a little FX-GT Corolla hatch to make it squat in the rear.

..and get some shocks that go UP easily, so the car doesn't keep crashing into the dirt!

(and where can we find those bumpers?)

They're all coming out of the woodwork!

get an 18RG!!

We use Sigma LCAs for plenty of turn-in, and have just fitted rear springs from a little FX-GT Corolla hatch to make it squat in the rear.

..and get some shocks that go UP easily, so the car doesn't keep crashing into the dirt!

(and where can we find those bumpers?)

hahah we have 2 18rg powered celicas already, this is just the stock car :)

and the bumpers are off a series 1 ra40 ( round headlight model) like this one

1zvfp0k.jpg

Hi there Seb great looking ra40 you have there we also race short course and have 2 ra40s if you have a look at Tommys thread there are pictures on page 9, our cars have been slightly modified (let pictures tell story) you will also see that not all go'es well with racing any way great looking car and all the best with it (HAVE FUN).

thanks mate , your ra40s look wicked , were abouts to you guys race?

Cheers:- Stuart (Thomas dad).

This is awesome, I love it! Awesome photo too.

What kind of regio plates are they? Rally-Rego?

they are club plates , it means you can drive the car for 45 days a year ,for only $60 , but the car has to be 25 years old . not sure if other states have a similar scheme

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...