Two Door Conversion - Engine Bay Tubbing..

chrisfindlay

Hey guys just wandering if anyone would like to share their knowlege on engine bay tubbing, and converting a car from four to two door..

Basically my aim is to tub the engine bay of my ke70 to give it a clean crisp look, whilst allowing me to reach full lock without scraping the inside of my arches..

And to convert my car to a two door as I have just purchased a bolt in half cage, leaving the back doors unnessecary.. Besides we all know coupe's are dope..

So if anyone could link me to info or builds where people have done this to a ke70 or something very similar, id aprecaite it heaps! Thanks...

Members dont see this ad

Not worth it don't even contemplate a 2 door conversion.... It will cost far too much money in engineering let alone materials and mods to make it happen...

Door mods, seatbelt point relocation , moving the whole pillar back... , etc etc etc

Would be much cheaper getting a DX imported....

Tubed front ends for "crisp clean look" it just doesn't happen... Looks much cleaner stock... There are a lot of 70's that get good lock with the right LCA choice, steering arms and other mods without gutting the wheel arches...

• Upvote 1

Not worth it don't even contemplate a 2 door conversion.... It will cost far too much money in engineering let alone materials and mods to make it happen...

Door mods, seatbelt point relocation , moving the whole pillar back... , etc etc etc

Would be much cheaper getting a DX imported....

Tubed front ends for "crisp clean look" it just doesn't happen... Looks much cleaner stock... There are a lot of 70's that get good lock with the right LCA choice, steering arms and other mods without gutting the wheel arches...

agree if you won't a 2 door import one,

i mean things like front conversions are relatively simple compared to something that involves changing the structure of the car

jack

Think you both misunderstood what I meant by two door.. As I have no idea why you would need to move the pillar or seat belts?

Ill just remove the rear seatbelts, put some rear pano doors on, weld them in place bog the seams etc, cut out the metal centers where the windows would be and bolt on some perspex windows..

In other words make it look shit?

A real two door the doors are actually longer hence the pilar sitting further back... Why not buy a pano if that's what you want..

If you wanted to weld up the rear doors why go to the hassle of changing doors... Just weld up what's there...

Either way it will still look like an eyesore and a half assed job..... And you would still need to engineer it which costs ... And de-value your car...

Why not just sell it and get an ae86?

Just makes no sense what so ever... Each to their own

Edited by Matt-e30

• 2 weeks later...

hah damn straight!

there was a guy around heres omewhere who was putting panel van doors (they are longer than sedan doors) into a sedan.

Was moving the B pillar back, not sure what he was going to do with the big hole behind B pillar.

The easiest way to get a 2 door coupe that looks sorta like a ke70 in australia is to buy a T18!

Yeh,I was actually reading his posts regarding that last night.Personally I don't think his ever really looked quite right but I know that it wasnt finished,maybe it would have looked better when finished.