Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blue Thing: The Daily / Motorkhana Hack (Now Efi)

Featured Replies

  • Author

All the wiring required to run an EFI engine. While I was there, also removed the fuel flap/hatch release cables/levers for installation into BT.

 

post-5437-0-15482000-1434839235_thumb.jpg

 

I don't have to put this dash back together, Blue Things on the other hand...

 

post-5437-0-40514900-1434839477_thumb.jpg

 

There's a heap of rust in the EFI tank that's going to have to be cleaned out before I can use it. Urgh, there's always something.

 

post-5437-0-89971100-1434839402_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 539
  • Views 393.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • EDIT: No furry woodland creatures were harmed in the making of these videos...

  • haha fixed!!

  • The moment of truth.     The sound.....oh my.....the sound!     I don't think I could be much happier with the outcome today, A ) it didn't blow up & B ) she's running healthy. Air:fu

Posted Images

  • Author

Had the fuel tank dropped off for treatment on Tuesday, called up on Friday to see if it was done...hadn't been touched.

 

"Mate, this tank has a bit of rust in it!"

 

"No $h1t, that's why I brought it to you."

 

Took the tank to another business, should be able to pick it up on Wednesday. Sure, I could scour wreckers looking for a better condition tank, but chances are they're in similar (if not worse) condition.

 

Plugging away day by day at the wiring loom swap. It's tough getting much done during the week, so most progress happens on the weekend.

 

post-5437-0-22523900-1435441488_thumb.jpg

 

post-5437-0-69120000-1435441958_thumb.jpg

 

post-5437-0-85802000-1435442051_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Not really keen on doing it myself, done my fair share of rust treatment before. Have heard good thingd about the POR15 kits though, if I had the time again I'd try that. It's due for pickup in Wednesday evening, it will be going straight into the car, connected & filled to the brim with BP's finest.

 

Dash in.

 

post-5437-0-85547700-1435524805_thumb.jpg

 

Instrument cluster in.

 

post-5437-0-91586900-1435524845_thumb.jpg

 

Cluster cover in.

 

post-5437-0-62936000-1435524903_thumb.jpg

 

Still need to do some minor electrical work (cd player & O2 wideband wiring) but for the most part, the wiring transplant is done. Which includes the body-loom.

 

post-5437-0-54538700-1435524946_thumb.jpg

 

The engine's on the stand for a good scrub/clean up, thinking of changing things like camshaft seals etc (while I'm here.....) before it gets bolted to the C56 & thrown into the engine bay. Tempted to bolt the Exedy HD clutch that was attached to it back on as well.

  • Author

Finally got the fuel tank back, after 9 days. Get it home, turned it upside-down to have a look & a heap of dust/dirt fell out. Required a damn good flush out in order to be usable. So if anyone feels compelled to use the services of Reg's Radiators in Hoppers Crossing, my advice is DON'T.

 

Heaps of "while I'm here" stuff done, all gaskets/seals.

 

post-5437-0-76790000-1436149960_thumb.jpg

 

Had a minor delay with the fuel system, got the tank in only to discover that the fuel return lines are also different sizes. Back out, swap lines, back in.

 

Made up for it yesterday, it was a good, productive day.

 

post-5437-0-77448400-1436150051_thumb.jpg

 

post-5437-0-44762100-1436150170_thumb.jpg

 

post-5437-0-98154300-1436150239_thumb.jpg

Why no more quad carb? Oh well, good luck with the refurb,

Jes

  • Author

haha! There's nothing better than a long list with lots crossed out!

 

Thing is though, there's always more lists!

 

post-5437-0-53851200-1436414593_thumb.jpg

 

Jesus Reed, what the ʞ©$ɟ.

 

What if I told you.....bandaids can fix bullet holes?

 

Why no more quad carb? Oh well, good luck with the refurb,

Jes

 

I need a break from all the work/stress running that setup brings, it needs more work to actually be a success but I don't have the desire to do it currently.

 

Pulled an all-nighter, was a bit stubborn to start due to dizzy being out a tooth & the fuel lines/rail being bone dry. But, at 5:30am this morning...SUCCESS!

 

post-5437-0-14529700-1436416054_thumb.jpg

 

Drove to work, no leaks so far, timing's good, idle's good, I'm a happy camper.

Great work Luke, certainly pulling the hours of late mate!

  • Author

Cheers guys, was f-ing exhausted but drove to work & back with the biggest smile on my face that even Melbourne traffic couldn't get rid of.

 

Thought I bled the cooling system properly, obviously not as it developed the infamous idle hunt this morning. Gave it another go & it buggered off, also reset the idle speed & timing. Need to have a play with the TPS too, feels a little 'jerky' at low-speed with minimum throttle.

 

It pains me a little to say this, but driving a 4A-GE again makes me realise just how.....rough.....my carb-engine was. Sure I got it running relatively smooth & it was responsive as hell, but JFC they are two totally different engines to drive.

 

Speaking of which, engine autopsy coming soon. As are fuel economy numbers, quite interested in the comparison as everything else is the same (gearbox, suspension, the driver, driving conditions etc).

Do you have the ISCV and all that crap hooked up? Or have you cut out the fat? I'm guessing as you're down south the ISCV would be worth it.

 

I had massive idle hunt after I did the HG on the AW. Turns out I forgot to plus in the temp sensor on the thermostat housing :/ CEL standard FTW.

  • Author

It's all there & AFAIK all functioning. Have to say it's nice to not have to hold a choke handle at cold starts.

 

The next to do list is:

- Swap front brake pads back to Bendix streets (still have the EBC's in from Sandown).

- Wire CD player.

- Wire O2 wideband.

- Fit cosmetic mods.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.