Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Munroe Gt Shocks Ke70

Featured Replies

Hey guys looking at putting some Munroe gt shocks all round in my ke70 and some new king springs how do you recon it will feel like to drive and handle?

I've got Monroe GT Gas in the back, came off a KE70 at the wrecker because they looked brand new. Its quite stiff on stock springs, and handles well although it does have a Celica aftermarket sway bar fitted.

  • Author

Thanks mate Ok I have heard people say there good ill see what others have to say

Got them in the back of the Khana car. Seem to do a reasonable job so far.

Buy something from Koni if you want performance. GT gas are just slightly firmer versions of stock shocks.

 

That is true, but Konis are serious shocks at a serious price. On the Altezza you can get the Konis grooved for several perch positions, so you can alter the ride height as well as the usual stiffness adjustments they have, but without coilovers that is not an option for the KE70.

 

You can also change the valving on the stock wet shock in the front strut, that's not hard to do and you can build whatever shock rates you want. However if you are into rallying or khanacross then having the gas function will be more use.

depends on how good you want it i suppose.

 

I had KYB excel Gs in my car which id guess is in the same ballpark in price as a monroe GT, and sure i could tell the KYBs werent the best, but for the price i reckon they did a great job.

 

No doubt koni/bilstein would have been heaps better, but you can't buy them for $130/corner.

Well it will be a shit load better than 20 +year old oem.

 

Mate it will be fine ,and will make a huge difference.

 

rob

$180 is good- I think I paid $1400 for the Altezza's.... back in the dayz when I wuz rich! The adjustability of Konis is what makes them so useful, and the fact they can be stripped and re-valved makes them great for racing.

whats the car used for? having done new kyb and llovel suspension, it drove really well for daily drive and smooth enough to soak up the bumps (if I would do it again id just buy second hand). but on a spirited run... look else where (but ready to spend money)

  • Author

Thanks guys I only have a ke70 as a toy to drive on weekends and have a bit of fun in I would love or it to handle better than it does it has standard shocks so over 20 years old witch are bugged so I was looking at Munroe shocks to get better handling

well I guess:

 

weekend

post-453-1149000405.jpg

 

or "weekend"

dasis300.files.wordpress.com*2010*10*016-1.jpg

 

so, do you to go comfort or hardcore

  • Author

I'm going for hardcore dude I'm wanting the look of that red one :)

haha! It may look cool, but having chased this one down some winding roads, don't expect handling or ride comfort from cars like that-

post-7544-0-15005200-1368051503_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.