Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke30 3Sgte Racecar

Featured Replies

  • Author

Base plates have been welded on since taking these photos, just need to get high tensile bolts, then make some spacers to go in place of the flat washers an paint it all, assemble and she's ready to roll (with floppy wheels until my new idler arm, pitman arm and rod ends turn up

post-12610-0-87990000-1410443966_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-29239700-1410443999_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-04431900-1410444061_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-72355400-1410444099_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-63054600-1410444143_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-89649200-1410444177_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 302
  • Views 610.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • This is looking good mate. I went and spoke to a fabricator I know about doing this for my coupe.. Hah aahhh I don't think il be going that path. Il just look on at yours with envy

  • Tough_little_ke20
    Tough_little_ke20

    Well, big day on the car today, extremely happy with the progress, got the welding finished, primer on, chassis blck on and the irs in with the car back on the ground, very exited

  • Tough_little_ke20
    Tough_little_ke20

    Started on the front end, machined up some spacers so I could put rose joints in for the inner joint of the lover control arm, gonna make up some dummy control arms with some flat bar so I can work ou

Posted Images

  • Author

Ok, radius rods done, lca's are just waiting to be painted, also painted the sway bar

post-12610-0-98784900-1410517205_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-16367500-1410517259_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-40543300-1410517326_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-59189300-1410517387_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Another section completed ????????????????????. The arms are all mounted up, wheels are on and the car is rolling on all 4's. The new idler arm is in, waiting on the pitman arm and rod ends, then time to rebuild the steering box, ordering new swaybar linkages tomorrow so that's why they're not painted, cage is next after all that's done

post-12610-0-38359200-1410697516_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-54595100-1410697562_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-82462900-1410697606_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-11020100-1410697668_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-68782500-1410697727_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-24425800-1410697779_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-82719600-1410697832_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-34224600-1410697871_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-61948800-1410697926_thumb.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

The car is back on the ground again haha, I changed the radius rods, they now have a left and right hand thread for easier adjustability and support further out on the lca. I have all new steering links, just waiting on the outer rod ends then I need to make some extensions/adaptors

post-12610-0-98045100-1411470419_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-70885200-1411470557_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-99622200-1411470666_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-67382800-1411470787_thumb.jpg

  • Author

The rolla has working steering and suspension all around now, very pleased with myself, pushed it into the yard on it's own wheels for the first time in a year and a half, and I couldn't help but take a family photo haha

post-12610-0-57083900-1411739399_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-96768400-1411739472_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-80016200-1411739564_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-62917200-1411739665_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Gave the cars a good wash today, aligned the 30 front and rear, about a year ago I put the car on the rotisserie, to finally get it out in the sun, steer it around on it's own wheels and get it on the hoist is an awesome feeling, now I've gotta decide what part to do next

post-12610-0-31968000-1411816945_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-70808700-1411816993_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-87592500-1411817159_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-96115500-1411817278_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-36591500-1411817324_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-44008600-1411817363_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tough_little_ke20

After reading all 10 pages I wish it didn't stop. Excellent skills in fabricating this, and well done for still going through with this! Too many builds get half done and then and get forgotten.

 

Looking forward to seeing how this ends up.

 

 

Am completely envious of your massive shed haha

  • Author

Thanks mate, I was starting to think no ones reading it anymore, I'll keep it going till the end, everyone loves the shed, it's dad's business, about 3 years and I'll build my own house and shed, I'm 20 years old so still at home

Looks like your going to be busy for the next 10 years. The 30 is looking good.

  • Author

Yeh I was thinking today I'm set for a bit, finish the red 30 in a year or so, then build the white 30 rally car, about a 6 month build then 6 months to restore the coupe haha and try do do all that while saving for a house

Well at least your not wasting your time and money on things like going out on Friday and Saturday nights, getting drunk, picking up girls, taking drugs, going to a rock concert, riding a dirt bike and camping for the weekend, taking a holiday, tripping around the world, base jumping or skydiving.

 

Nothing beats spending your weekends welding rust.LOL :hammer:

  • Author

Haha I've got a road bike for the occasional ride in the hills, plenty of camping gear, I'm glad I'm not wasting money on the other stuff but I wouldn't mind picking up a girlfriend haha

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Finally got something done, I now have proper engine mounts, I will start on making the proper gearbox mount this week, I got a quote on the cage getting bent up for me and the supply of the material, now I've just gotta save my penny's, hopefully I can get that done in the next month as long as I don't get anymore bills in the mail, once the cage is bent my brother and I will find a free weekend to notch and weld it, fully tig welded, then it's onto steering column, dash and pedal box manufacturing

post-12610-0-84015000-1414498042_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-96587200-1414498080_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-67464200-1414498133_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-21089800-1414498170_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-21580800-1414498206_thumb.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

It's amazing how things come to a holt when your broke, was ready to take the car around and have the cage bent up... Then I found these wheels.... So I've got 6 rims heading my way and the cage will have to wait a little longer

post-12610-0-10414300-1415430540_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-59710400-1415430561_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.