Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke30 3Sgte Racecar

Featured Replies

  • Author

Yep, and some tear big holes 😭 I'm making an alloy steering column that will hang off the dash bar in the cage, and a racepak dash on top, pedal box on the floor

  • Replies 302
  • Views 610.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • This is looking good mate. I went and spoke to a fabricator I know about doing this for my coupe.. Hah aahhh I don't think il be going that path. Il just look on at yours with envy

  • Tough_little_ke20
    Tough_little_ke20

    Well, big day on the car today, extremely happy with the progress, got the welding finished, primer on, chassis blck on and the irs in with the car back on the ground, very exited

  • Tough_little_ke20
    Tough_little_ke20

    Started on the front end, machined up some spacers so I could put rose joints in for the inner joint of the lover control arm, gonna make up some dummy control arms with some flat bar so I can work ou

Posted Images

  • Author

Finished off the shifter hole tonight, been staring at it for months, looks much better now, I've just realized once the cage is in that's about all the cutting and welding on the car done, getting a little bit exited about that

post-12610-0-32116600-1418394111_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-70708100-1418394147_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-74436300-1418394185_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-50450400-1418394233_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-18281800-1418394305_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-46502900-1418394373_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-72404000-1418394410_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tough_little_ke20

  • Author

Filled some holes in the firewall, how I've just gotta do all the bolt holes, and then cut a big hole and make a cover for it so I have access to the back of the head and I can pull the dizzy out

post-12610-0-58187200-1418457424_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-60995700-1418457459_thumb.jpg

Looking great, Why are the main hoop feet so big?

  • Author

The bloke that bent the cage said 100mm bases and 120 for the main hoop, after reading reading the cams manual step by step as I build it I saw that it depends on your cars weight and I definetly don't need that big but at least there's plenty of room for welding when I take them out and drop the cage, the front doesn't have them because the legs can go through the floor, the back has lots of layers and the irs so it got the pedestals.

 

Half laterals, windscreen and dash bars went in today, I'll take the main hoop back out and get my brother to weld it then put it back in and do the roof bars, intrusion bars and weld all that then start the front strut legs

post-12610-0-42061500-1419152535_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-60642000-1419152650_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-36256200-1419152784_thumb.jpg

  • Author

I've finally decided what red to use, original, gave the panels a good polish and I'm happy with that colour, always nice to be original too, even if nothing else on the car is, I've also discovered my intrusion bar will clash with the window winder so I'll put in electric windows, I don't want perspex or fixed windows so that's my best option without changing to a different style intrusion bar

post-12610-0-49303700-1419243050_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-12098800-1419243086_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-74657700-1419243115_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-69008900-1419243149_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-08695700-1419243184_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tough_little_ke20

Looks awesome man, great progress!

 

As a KE30 and KE35 owner I find this all very interesting to read :hail:

I know nothing at all about rollcages, but couldn't you just angle the bar the other way? So that that's the low end and missing the winder?

Looks like it's starting to come together mate, liking the cage!!

  • Author

Yep, getting exited, my brothers gonna tig up the hoop tomorrow then I'll make the patterns for the intrusion bars and roof bars and see when I can go and bend them

  • Author

Make some Christmas presents for the car yesterday, bent the intrusion bars and roof bars, and welded the hoop, I've also got a sample for my seat mount. Merry Christmas everyone

post-12610-0-18843300-1419503373_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-96976200-1419503425_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-46955600-1419503478_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Intrusion bars and one Jesus bar in, I'm very happy so far and can't believe I haven't stuffed up any bars yet, I'll do the other Jesus bar tomorrow aswell as the roof bars and half lateral gussets

post-12610-0-57696700-1419581467_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-47648500-1419581622_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-13278700-1419581705_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-24612300-1419581766_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.