Ke With A 3.8ltr

KE-3.8

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to ask yourself this.

Do you want a car that goes fast in a straight line and steers like aboat around corners cos of a heavy front end

OR

Do you want a car that goes fast in a straight line and also can turn corners?

You have to ask yourself this.

Do you want a car that goes fast in a straight line and steers like aboat around corners cos of a heavy front end

OR

Do you want a car that goes fast in a straight line and also can turn corners?

well yeah I'm looking for a light weight car that has hp, mostly for racing the 1/4, my first project was a RX4 with a 351 clevland it it, you guys seem to be about drift if I'm right ?

well thats your choice i guess, dud anything will fit into any engine bay, its all about engerniering. i think it will be a good project and hopefully ill have fun doing it.

You asked, I gave.

A couple of points.

One: Contrary to some opinions in here, I'm not a dud.

Two: It's spelt "Engineering". It's done by "engineers". I happen to be one. As such, I can happily ask the question "will it fit" knowing that the strut towers limit the room available to insert engine. Unless one is going to install a wishbone set-up, you may wish to consider the limitations.

And, as an engineer, I honestly would like to see the finished result, even if it isn't my cup of tea. No.... Really. I would.

R

R

I never knew you were an engineer.....

I'm gonna fire you off a PM later on :)

And no, we're not called Toymods, so we're not about drift. I think most people on here are about racing/rallying/motorkhana's if i'm not mistaken.

Edited by AE35

I never knew you were an engineer.....

I'm gonna fire you off a PM later on :)

And no, we're not called Toymods, so we're not about drift. I think most people on here are about racing/rallying/motorkhana's if i'm not mistaken.

nah mate I'm not an engineer, i do all the convertion and custom stuff myself, my brother is an engineer.

Well, this I have to see.

I know a the guy acroos the road just fit a V6 commo motor in a KE30 but they have different engone bays to KE70s I'm assuming.. not by much. I ain't sure if it's wider or what... but it fit. Mate you want a horsepower hereo...

Either get your hands on the 1GTTE (2.0l in-line 6 cyl, twin turbo.. talk to empt2g on these forums) OR, go a 302 V8 in it :) ... if you are dead set keen on the V6 conversion... go for it.. and I'm gonna subscribe to this one to see the result

I ain't bagging you... I just love watching crazy conversions and projects :)

By the way.. Welcome to Rollaclub.

Anything will fit

Not neccesarily, that would mean I could fit a WWII 12L Merlin engine in my KE55, and then own everyone at the racetrack, it'd be fully sick uleh!!!1!

All about drift, am I right?

Haha, no. Actually, only a minority of us are actually involved in drift.

3.8L

Commo motor, ay? Don't like your chances of getting it licenced (nil), so I guess it will be a dedicated drag 'weapon' :)? I am actually quite interested in this buildup, really want to see how this all works and how well it actually performs.

One of the members has actually seen a 3.8L KE55... I think. Don't quote me on it.

Anyway, apart from all this, Welcome to Rollaclub. Enjoy your stay :).

EDIT: Well, in the time during me eating dinner etc. Tiger posted about the 3.8L KE55. So there you go.

Dan.

Not that I wouldn't mind seeing a rolla draging its

front bumper doing 12sec quaters.

Why a 3.8l anchor. There are other lighter more

powerful options about.

A 4.5l alloy Rover motor comes to mind and you

would still have handling.

Best of luck Welcome to the Madhouse!