Ke With A 3.8ltr

KE-3.8

If i was making a rolla drag car. first thing i would do is get me the new holden V8, then get the thing revving to like 8-9k , put 2 smalll turbos on it run about 5 - 9 psi, and watch the tires magicly turn into smoke as you wheel stand down the 1/4 mile :y: its nice to dream :wink:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ i picked up on that as well, and thought.. pfft, why bother even trying to think / type my thoughts :wink:

Good luck with the conversion.

well looks like its not a favourite project on here for you guys, I'm doing it because i have not yet seen a v6 in a ke, i like the ke for its shape. then thaught about power to weight..my brother looked into it and said yes..it can be done ! ill have plent of pics to show you all as i go through it, and i thank all you pepole that have welcomed me to the club. cheers !!!! :y:

well looks like its not a favourite project on here for you guys, I'm doing it because i have not yet seen a v6 in a ke, i like the ke for its shape. then thaught about power to weight..my brother looked into it and said yes..it can be done ! ill have plent of pics to show you all as i go through it, and i thank all you pepole that have welcomed me to the club. cheers !!!! :wink:

I think you're right about it not being the favourite project, but if you do go through with it, I'm sure we'll all be keen to see some progress photos.

I know I am!

Don't get me wrong... I like the idea of a strip/burnout machine as well... there are also some good aftermarket parts for the Ecotec's, actually, Street Commodores did a build up of a VN with one of these, and were running 13's NA! I think in the end, forced, it did a 11 or 12..? I'll look back into the magazines and get that number for sure.

The conversion has been done more than once. I posted a link to one for sale on ebay for $500. It was a ke55 with a vp or vn 3.8 in it if I remember correctly. The power to weight ratio would sure make it fun in a straight line. A cheaper alternative would be to go for a 1ggte in my view, and give you better results. Only a 2 litre, but twin turbo.

:wink: Good luck with the convo.

Like I've said earlier.. doing a project is all bout being different And one thing I've leanrt about harmless criticism.. use that as fuel to make you want to do the project MORESO... because if people are saying you couldn't or you shouldn't, mate, that's a green light for me on a project in my books! hahaha

I like doing projects to shut peoples mouths up that said that I couldn't... so if I were you... do it. If you feel you can throw an Buick 6 in a KE and get it engineered and moving like shit off a shovel, do it and take LOTS of pics in the meantime :y:

And have fun doing it also :wink:

KE30 2-door sedan used to frequent my service station when i worked there.

Worked off its tits 250 x-flow anyone? haha

Also had a KE20 come through the service station with a VL Turbo engine in it too. Firewall was cut out and it had an RX7 minispooled diff in it and that did some nice circles out on the road one night too. Apparently this thing would go sideways from kickdown and 110km/h.

THAT is one car i wouldnt want to pilot in a hurry. :wink:

Edited by AE35

Either get your hands on the 1GTTE (2.0l in-line 6 cyl, twin turbo.. talk to empt2g on these forums)

lol, i got flamed when i said i was talking about this...ill tell you how it handles in about a week :y: so f@$king excited!

now anywho, i think you could put a better v6 motor than a 3.8 commo motor in there. i also think you could build something that is more driveable all round.

one thing ive always thought about people whacking oversized engines into cars that weigh less than a ton is weight distribution. you have this big mofo of a heavy engine siting in your engine bay. you line up at the christmas tree, gun it and what happens...you spin the wheels gloriously. why? because you have all this extra weight in the front the rear end is lightened and spins easier. whethere this is proven or not i don't know but its something worth thinking about when putting a heavy motor in a small car. maybe think firewall mods...depends how serious you are tho.

now, to answer the question: what i think...stick with toyota. 1jz, 2jz, would make beautiful engines in these cars if you don't want it to handle. theres a ke70 on toymods where they fitted a 1jz without f/wall mods. but a 2jz would be even better, and you wanna push the weight a bit furhter back anyway :wink:

i'm sure there are many reasons why General Motors is going broke. maybe buying shit companies like Daewoo and Holden have something to do with it.

Toyota have long been the most profitable car company (BMW second) and this year they will overtake GM as the biggest car maker in the world.

Corollas even outsold Falcons and Commonbores the other month in Australia!

how come i don't see any dickheads stick Daewoo badges on their Commonbore utes, just loads of chevy badges....?

3.8 Buick in corolla is a bit different yes, but the motor is such a common motor and still not very good. why not buy a 750i and build a V12 rolla if boat anchors rock your boat?

If you are going V6 why not a V8? length isn't a problem and if a V6 will fit a V8 won't be any harder if any. unless you are getting a V6 cheap or something. 253 or a 283 chev would be sweet. heaps of performance parts out there aswell :wink: