Ke30 Sr+turbo Update

Just put rocker arm stoppers in. Stops them jumping off the hydraulic lash ajuster. Get good brand name ones but even they shouldnt set you back more than $120-150.

I think people change to the GTiR head because of the ports. They were built for homologated rallying so they were designed to make as much power as possible. Same with the turbos, hence theyre a nice upgrade (I'm running one, theyre good for 230rwkw). Its probably not worth the effort compared to some other mods. Certainly not a bolt on modification... otherwise everyone would be doing it.

• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some more update.....

post-687-1145513315_thumb.jpg

post-687-1145513384_thumb.jpg

post-687-1145513472_thumb.jpg

post-687-1145513551_thumb.jpg

I pulled the struts out and bought some new springs for them, and also softened the shocks up a bit with some 10-15 fork oil.

I am waiting on my top feed fuel rail, and will hopefully be getting the exhaust hooked up, and a road tune tomorrow. YEEHAA :D :dance: I'm excited!

Ah sweet, I thought you must be getting close to getting the blower sorted on the sr20, looking sweet :P You manage to score a set of cam's that'll fit the s14 head yet? Or is this why you're in favour of after markets straight up? You'll have to get the car on the scales too, KW/tonne it'd be interesting.

hey man, havnt seen you around for awhile, nah i havnt got the s14 stuff sorted yet, ive been real busy tryin to get this thing goin. I finally got it started today after some coil problems held me up for a few hours, gettin the exhaust on monday.

So how is the 4ag project commin along, still goin turbo? are you ready to take me for a spin yet! Got that diff all fitted yet??

hey man, havnt seen you around for awhile, nah i havnt got the s14 stuff sorted yet, ive been real busy tryin to get this thing goin. I finally got it started today after some coil problems held me up for a few hours, gettin the exhaust on monday.

So how is the 4ag project commin along, still goin turbo? are you ready to take me for a spin yet! Got that diff all fitted yet??

Good work man,mate the car deserves a better form of shelter (SHED) don't you think.

Ah cool, the beast goes :P hmm... that must be loud without any pipes!

I'm going down south to work on my uncles farm tomorrow, haven't had enough coin to get the bottom end rebuilt yet, damn it! 2 months hard labour should fix that. It's all going into a KE55 coupe, posted a few pix in projects a while back.

I'd put the diff in if there wasn't poor old 4K behind her, not enough power there to really be a problem yet :P

• 2 weeks later...

hey mate just wondering how its all going for you I'm just about to get the sr20de for my corolla I'm swaping a standed 4k with what ever parts he needs for a sr20de with loom and gb mounts the lot .

he was going to put the sr20 in to a little austen heily sprite (not sure on how u spell it ) but he dusent want the 2l anny more so yeah ill probl be on here talking to you shortly about your set up ..

I'm most probly going with a vn 5l set up vn5l diff with a locker will need to be shortend and vn drive sharft and vn 5l sloted brakes just trying to work out what gb will fit in nicely .

thanks

tyler

Sorry guys, not much to say yet. Still got injector dramas. I bought a set of standard sr turbo injectors off ebay cos it was much cheeper than buying a top feed rail for my 550s. Anyway i took it in to get tuned today, and the injectors i bought are stuffed completely,it sounds like a wrx. :) :) So now i have done what i should have in the first place and ordered a fuel rail for my 550s.....YAY !! So i missed entry in the QLD one day powercruise anyway, and I'm a bit disappointed. ;) But ya get that!!!

Tyler, sounds like you have yourself a good deal! Any questions are welcome. With the diff the reason i used the EB falcon housing is cos the brakes on a falcon are alot lighter and have the handbrake on the calliper, instead of an inner drum. Same centre, just something to consider. You will have to update us when the conversion is underway!!! :lolcry:

The commodore brakes are an engineers work, where the larger disk is actually bolted to the little one. I can provide you the number of the engineer if you are interested. The cost of his labour was about $350 from memory, and this included the caliper bracket, You provide disk and callipers. :lolcry:

• 2 weeks later...

God people write some shit, oil squirters will not lower combustion

pressure, that will blow a SR20DE NA pistons ringland to bits. The oil

squirters would make next to no difference. It would be a material or

different ringland design, or detonation that kills them.

As For the redtop/blacktop, stop reading magazines and quoting shit,

turbo for turbo, eg both have 2530's, there is not a kilowatt in it, flowbenchs

mean jack shit when it comes to turbo cars. I have NEVER seen a difference

with power figures except the last of the blacktops ALWAYS make more turbo for turbo:), must have bigger camshafts.

cheers

darren

I had rdo today, so i got to have another go at a tune.I got the top feed fuel rail on it with my 550 injectors, and it was running much better, so i took it in and we plugged in the laptop.

I had problems again but its not all bad. As we were taking it down the highway with the anylizer on it, The more boost i hit it started to develop a miss. We got a pretty good tune on it but it has a pretty bad spark problem. So i took it back to the workshop, and it didnt take long to find one of the bolts that holds the dizzy cap down broken :( . Sooo that was the end of my tune, The car seems like it will hammer though, so I'm actually quite stoked. This also gives me a chance to get my big red CSI box back on, which will eliminate ALL spark problems.

So when i get to take it back, we can slowly and carefully put some timing back into the tune, and then see how she goes, damn exciting stuff, for me anyway!! :) :) :D :P