My 4agte Ke25 Project

mlaser

Hey All, my project has been on my mind alot lately and figured i let you guys know officially what's done and what's do be done.

I bought the car from John from importbits as some guys from toymods might know him about 2-3 years ago. I had already just bought a sprinter shell off him and was about to do a 3tgte conversion when i spotted this ke25 sitting in his garage looking sad and un-loved. So i sold my sprinter and coughed up the cash for the ke25. It already had a 4agze sitting in the engine bay, missing the super charger and wiring but it was one thing i didn't have to do. It also already had a set of Magna slotted discs up front, custom adjustable swaybard and a 120y diff with trx breaks with a hydraulic handbrake (why 120y diff i don't know). From there i purchased a Blitz KKK K26 turbo kit with external wastegate and a haltech e6k all up for around $2400. The next purchase was one of bill sherwoods 4a-w5x bellhousings and a w57 from clint in perth. Surprisingly after i had the majority of the stuff sitting in the car waiting to be installed i ran out of steam to get the thing going and it practically sat in a mates backyard for about a year doing nothing. After a while it made its way to Anthony Kelham's back yard and since then the wiring, turbo mounting, gearbox and clutch install has been done.

So basically all that is left to do is find a suitable diff, which at the moment i'm thinking a g-series RN2X diff as it's 1375mm which with some different offset wheels and maybe some flare mods will fit without having to shorten the diff which will save me atleast 1k. From there its simply a new exhaust and intercooler and some minor serivicing and finally a tune and it should be ready for the road.

As some of you may have guessed sitting in someones backyard isn't great for a 30+ car so it will also be getting a paint job which is costing me a ke55 for my mates pain and suffering of painting it.

Once done i'm hoping for around 250Hp atw with a lot of lag considering the turbo, but lots of fun none the less. This will probably be my last big pain in the arse conversion after this car i'm going back to buying a car with a turbo already as i hate not having the time and money to finish projects hehehe, but this should easily be the fastest car i've owned compared to my S4 rx7 turbo (which i loved except for the fuel consumption).

I don't have any pics but i'm pretty sure demuire has some old ones as i remember seeing them on his website YEARS ago, its the RED ROCKET owned previously by paul pyvvarra (spelling?).

Looking back i've just realised i've owned 12 cars in like 5-6 years. IT MUST STOP hehe

Edited by mlaser

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha i'm up to 9 cars in 4 years :lolcry: it never stops!

Congrats on the score. I remember seeing that car in John's backyard.

He must have just moved again?

Should go like a shower of shit with the 4AGTE

keep us up to date

p.s yay for more KE25s on the road :)

yeah john moved a while ago, can't remember to what suburb but it's further up gympie rd and off to the left near some school. Originally he was gonna help with the conversion but it was the same time that he was getting his import buisness off the ground so alas no joy, originally john had talked me into a twin-charge setup, so i guess i can always wonder what might have been.

Sounds like a beast. please put up some pictures for us to drool over...! What colour are you gonna paint it?

painting it red, will have pics up once the car is finished and painted as i'm in SA and the car is in QLD hehe

sucks i want it sooo bad, just can't justify spending all my savings on it just yet. Haven't driven a turbo car since my ca18det 1984 bluebird wagon hehe which was around 3 years ago and this thing will / should be alot faster.

• 2 years later...

tis been a while since i've updated mainly because theres been nothing to update except for my anger towards my mechanic.........but anyway here are some pics of my car's new paint job.

Was done by a mate of mine in his dad's workshop and cost me paint + a 500 dollar ke55 :)

post-91-1208252884_thumb.jpg

post-91-1208252895_thumb.jpg

post-91-1208252900_thumb.jpg

post-91-1208252905_thumb.jpg

And here I was thinking Mr Mark didnt really own one because I hadnt seen any pics :)

yes yes its true there actually is a KE25 that belongs to me......tis just a shame that my mechanic can't keep to his word otherwise i would have had the car around 2 years ago.

for those Brisbane members who are curious whom this mechanic is so that they can avoid the headaches of broken promises simply PM me. He is somewhat known in the sprinter community and is never on time.

• 1 month later...

/RANT ON

OMG I HATE MY MECHANIC, in fact i don't even think mechanic is the right word for him, useless lump of skin and bones would be a better description. This guy has to be the slowest most full of shit dude in the world, car was promised to me (most recent promise, originally he was to have the car ready over 2 years ago) before last christmas and since then its been nothing but "only a few more things to do" "ive gotta pick up some parts tomorrow" "should be done by monday". I had to get the car registered last christmas so now i've lost 6 months of rego as well as having to put up with all this dudes lies. ALL I WANT IS MY DAMN CAR.

/RANT OFF.....for now

thats what i'm gonna have to do, i've been far too nice to this guy, trying to believe him when he says it will nearly be done. Worst part is i live in SA and he is in Brisbane. Only reason the car went to this dude in the first place was because he owed me 2 grand and never seemed to have the dosh to pay me, so it was meant to be a way for him to pay me back.