My 4agte Ke25 Project

mlaser

If you need the money back off him, then see if any of your friends have connections with a solicitor to write up a little reminder of how much you are owed. Dad has done this for private jobs and has been paid very soon after.

I really do sympathize, its a shame your car is sitting doing nothing. Needs some loving and work i say :dance:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he owed me 2 grand

That would be why its taking so long. He isnt going to gain anything out of it, (except debt gone). So there is no rush for him in his eyes as you arent a "Paying Customer"

I see and hear about this sorta stuff way too much. My sister was in the whole "street racing" group in bathurst before she moved, but all the stories i heard bout them doing backyard jobs for each other to save some dosh, It never worked out most of the time. half prepped cars driving around, or if they were sprayed it had loads of runs, sound systems installed with all the wiring out in the open, cars off the road waiting for the engine to be put back together etc. Its all bullshit IMHO. I Have come to the conclusion that I'm either going to do it my self or pay someone to do it properly.

Sorry to hear bout this though, I hate hearing about KE25's and the like being off the road for so long.

Hope you get it back soon man

Cheers

Jake

The biggest problem i had with this guy is that he runs a mechanic buisness, i can put up with this kind of shit from mates to an extent but when it's meant to be a buisness i just don't get it. ANYWAY the car is going to a REAL mechanic on wednesday so i'll finally get to find out what state my car is currently in and hopefully in the next few weeks it will be down in SA for me to appreciate finally.

Will update next week hopefully with some good news.

cheers for the support

Hope you have some receipts for money owing or you wont see a cent dude...

yeah i still have a copy of the original 2k receipt from 5 years ago, so i'm covered there.

When i spoke to him today i told him he wasn't gettin paid for any labour and i would only pay for something if i get the original receipt from the place the parts were bought and he agreed to that.

i'm also going to subtract 6 months of rego that's been wasted. I could probably even subtract 5 years of interest on 2k if i wanted to get hella narky.

• 1 month later...

The car has finally left the idiot that had it in his possesion. It arrived in an absolute mess with fuse holders and wires hanging down. The mechanic in all of his wisdom despite telling me that the car had always been covered etc etc managed to let the clutch slave cylinder rust out to the point where the pin actually fell out and is missing. The "custom" tailshaft that was meant to be in the car was missing, he hadn't bothered to mount the radiator or the intercooler. He couldn't even be bothered to bolt the seats down, also the brakes are completely shot, its missing the accelerator cable and the gearshift lever. I went and visited the car last friday and there were COB WEBS in the engine bay even though it had been freshly painted only a couple of months ago. He told me when the car went to get painted that there were only a "few" things left to be done but it was obvious from the condition of the shell that NOTHING and i mean absolutely NOTHING had been done in the 3.5 years the guy had it in his possesion. It took this guy almost 4 months to bolt up a gearbox, install an engine, wire it up and bolt on a turbo......that seems a little slow to me.

atleast now the car will see some progress and may even get driven for the first time in nearly 4 years.

Wow man, very nice paint ! :)

Mechanic sounds like a prick, hope it all sorts out.

Shit man, i can't even imagine how pissed off you must be.

That really sucks but at least it's good to see you got it home now.

Do you any pics of it when you got it back?

I went up to brisbane Thursday and left Tuesday Arvo. The car was meant to go to my real mechanics on friday which didnt happen, so it became a "i'll get it to you tomorrow" situation until i was assured it would be there before 12 on Tuesday........it ended up getting there just past 8pm on the Tuesday so i didn't get to take any more pics. G/F's mum took some pics for me yesterday so now i just have to get her to email them to me, so when i get those i'll upload em.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

-2.5" turbo back exhaust installed (wanted 3" but it wouldn't fit through the tunnel or something) mechanic also put a 3.5" tip on it which i wasn't that pleased about, haven't seen so don't know if it suits or not

-3" Tail shaft installed have been told it will never die for revs up to 7,500 all day every day but should be able to take up to 9000 but i'll never rev that high

-Brake master cylinder reconditioned

-replaced clutch slave cylinder

-fuel lines all re-done

-intercooler mounted

-radiator mounted

-braided brake lines installed

-brakes are now working

i think thats all thats been done so far, getting all the old tint removed and re-done this week as well

Got told by my mechanic that the diff in my car is not a 120y diff but some sort of mazda diff. Have yet to find out what mazda diff though.

Also the car has a hydraulic clutch but mechanic told me that there are hydraulic lines and a cable coming from the handbrake going to the rear brakes. He couldn't explain to me why you would have both.

So car is semi driveable atm still needs the non ecu wiring to be re-done as most of it is fuxored thanks to the awesome neglect from the last mechanic. So far i reckon the last mechanics mistakes have cost me over 1k and counting

• 2 months later...