Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Te27 Ke30 Coilover Options

Featured Replies

As a rolla noob I'm looking into coilovers for my ke30. Everyone seems to be completly against the weld on coil overs by techno toy tuning but they also produce complete coilover set for te27 and has anyone done this in a ke? is it possible? what are some other options for better suspension up front?

cheers

You'd only ever get the front suspension to work as a coil-over setup seeing as the rear end is leaf-sprung.

 

With a lot of engineering you could fabricate something to work in the rear but the amount of reinforcement required to handle rear coil-overs would exceed the cost of the car by a heap, so not really worth it.

 

I'd stick with lowered captive springs in the front, decent shock absorbers all around and get the rear leaf-spring eyes inverted to drop the height a little.

With out looking into it I'd say the techno toy TE27 coil overs would just be AE86 coil overs as TE27 share the same steering knuckle bolt spacing as AE86. KE20/30 etc have different bolt spacing

Edited by wagn

  • 4 weeks later...

I use a TE27 Steering knuckle and AE86 BC Gold adjustable shocks, with AE86 backing plate, caliper and rotor, I had to have the camber plate re cut to suit my strut tower, but was a very easy mod, now have great brakes and great suspension

I use a TE27 Steering knuckle and AE86 BC Gold adjustable shocks, with AE86 backing plate, caliper and rotor, I had to have the camber plate re cut to suit my strut tower, but was a very easy mod, now have great brakes and great suspension

 

So phil I'm new on here and new to corollas, so are you saying I can fit ae86 struts into my ke 30

So phil I'm new on here and new to corollas, so are you saying I can fit ae86 struts into my ke 30

 

Yes,

you just need the right parts, KE30 is a simple conversion, just use the steering knuckle from AE86 and KE30 top hat.

AE85 Struts are identical to 86 but the 86 Calliper and calliper bracket must be used with the vented Rotor

  • 2 weeks later...

hay mate, i did the rather expensive and tricky, xt130, coilover, pug hilux, coilover and brake upgrade in my 35 coupe, and just the other day saw a 300kw atw ke30 and he just had a simple pedders upgrade at all fours and had no complaints. I'm just saying don't run to the flashy stuff before looking into the easy way first, like i did

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.