Engine Destruction

TRD ke70

constant reving at 7000+ rpm will do that if there's no load on the engine.

the Autocross circuit is clay and you're only allowed to use road tyres, so it's like driving on ice, NO TRACTION.

Gugdeon pins are the issue in these engines ,need to get the ones that are thicker all the way through,some of them are only thicker in the conrod area.

MMMMMMM hope mine will be ok with the NOS.

Keen to find out about the 4AGE pistons.

Members dont see this ad

I'm glad you can't wait to see Nick.. I'm shitting myself here personally! It's almost like watching a horror movie! :P

hahaha

And boostK... this is where you shave the head to hieghten the compression to compensate the lower clearance :)

And boostK... this is where you shave the head to hieghten the compression to compensate the lower clearance

wouldnt you be better off shaving the block for the sake of 2mm so that your combustion chamber is still a nice shape?

yea.. could deck block or shave head... i'm auctaually wondering about using 7k rods with the 4agze pistons and the 5k crank ad mayb mill abit outta the head if comp is too high?? is there online catologs that show specs on rods and pistons???

keen to hear about your 4age pistons if they fit.

That is bad. Hope it is just an isolated problem that only happens in QLD.....

Know what you mean about no traction on clay. local autocross track is a clay base with coarse sand on it. SLIPPERY as with road tyres (opposite locking in third gear with a close to standard 5K)

wouldnt you be better off shaving the block for the sake of 2mm

not 2mm..... there is a 5mm difference in pin height between K and A series. at TDC a 4AGE piston would sit 5mm down the bore from the block deck. most likely would need longer rods.

look at the ACL website for piston, ring, bearing, and gasket catalogs.