1Jz Into A Ke70

Kezza666Smith

Members dont see this ad

1jz wagon can be modplated, but you would be stupid to take some guys word off a forum. Best to check with the correct authorities and find an engineer that will confirm he will sign off on it.

If its a case of, ive got a ke70 that I got for cheap and a 1jz thats just sitting around even if you do everything yourself and got all the tools its still going to cost 5-8k (thats what I'm budgeting for)

No worries, how come so expensive? I was looking at $3000 to have it running a t4 single turbo and also a manual box that's including turbo kit and everything..

The 1jz cost me $950 for a complete soarer that has minor hail damage and the corolla cost me nothing.

Am I better of parting the 1jz and putting an sr20 in?

Don't do it. Pick something 4 cylinder or v6 so you can still go around corners. Someone wise once said; Just because you have an engine lying around, doesnt mean it should be installed in your ke70.

Choose something that will be road legal and steerable when done. A ke70 with 150hp atw will be as quick as a Soarer with a healthy 1j. You don't need all that power to launch a tiny car.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Or buy a bigger car to put it in.

like an ma70 supra, or even an e30 bmw.

Have you any idea on the work required to get it to work in a ke70?

Essentially anything that is bolted to the ke70 shell, needs to go in the bin and something custom put in.