Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Engine For My Ae70

Featured Replies

I was curious and internet research could only take me so far. What is the best engine I can get for my AE70 that bolts up to my T50 transmission? I like fuel economy bit I love power more. I was looking at the 4age but I am not sure if that's the best choice. I am also open to turbo kits if they are common on the engine. Also I am currently running a 3tc with 230xxx miles on it. Appears to run well, but for how long?

Easiest would be a 16V 4AGE. Though it wont bolt to your 3T bellhousing.

 

You could search arounf for good 3T bolt on bits and goodies on http://www.3tcgarage.com/ as they are US based.

 

I see you're in California so you have to abide by those new draconian pollution laws. An EFI engine would be easier to pass those tests I'd assume.

Another easier option could be a 2TGEU. It would bolt directly to your gearbox and existing engine mounts but they are a bit older than a 4AG and can be hard to find.

 

Rebuilding it with your 3T crank - while not cheap - means it can be bored and stroked to up to ~2.0 litres.

 

Having said that, I believe there are a lot of go-fast parts available for the 3T-C in the US anyway.

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy

  • Author

The only modifications I can find are exhaust headers and back. Other than that I have not been able to come up with any products that would modify my 3t-c/ Although if I could get another 30HP out of her without a serious hassle I would certainly settle for that.

You should def check out http://www.3tcgarage.com/ and sign up there.

 

However, and for example http://www.weberperf...products_id=544 have twin weber manifolds. I'm sure you could get something similar in the U.S.

 

Any local camshaft company should be able to regrind you a streetable cam.

 

Headers, cam and carbs should net what you're hoping to acheive.

Ah- the good old days! The Quattro was AWESOME, in the real meaning of the word!

 

A big brutal pig with an unmistakable howl...

Schneider cams got some camgrinds and lifters for the 3T

 

Add some comperssion and a weber carb if its in good conditon

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.