January 11, 201511 yr comment_692891 I have a 1.5l Festiva manual and with a little bit of work I think it would go alright. Just need to tweak the hand brake a bit. Report
January 12, 201511 yr Author comment_692953 That's an option. Festiva would go good. A bloke who ran VMC in F the last few years is going to run one in A this year. I think he runs it in G5 and has done pretty well in it. I'm kind of set on a Swift if I do get up in C though. Report
January 16, 201511 yr Author comment_693143 A new possibility has emerged for A. The Daihatsu Mira/Cuore Report
January 21, 201511 yr Author comment_693320 Just found out the Australian Motorkhana and Khanacross c'ships are being held on the same weekend! What's up with that? I would've liked to have competed in both. Very annoying. Edited January 21, 201511 yr by Camry Crusader Report
February 1, 201511 yr Author comment_693702 Just posting cos I haven't for a while. A couple of weeks out from the first round, and I still haven't been able to put in a hydraulic brake yet. I tried to start it last week, but the battery is flat. Finally bought a pair of jumper leads on Friday. There's not much you can really do, isn't there? Report
February 1, 201511 yr comment_693705 Never bothered with a hydraulic handbrake. Standard jobbie worked well enough Report
February 1, 201511 yr comment_693723 Suppose rwd with a locker helped it spin around ;) there were some tests that I wouldn't have to move the steering wheel much, I just used the throttle to steer the car. Report
February 3, 201511 yr comment_693796 Just posting cos I haven't for a while. A couple of weeks out from the first round, and I still haven't been able to put in a hydraulic brake yet. I tried to start it last week, but the battery is flat. Finally bought a pair of jumper leads on Friday. There's not much you can really do, isn't there? Drums or discs on the rear? I've found over the years that machining the drums is more effective than any other mod. Report
February 4, 201511 yr Author comment_693817 Drums or discs on the rear? I've found over the years that machining the drums is more effective than any other mod Drums. Would it really make the difference? Usually whenever I receive advice, it amounts to nothing. Adding a hydraulic brake seems reliable and minimal long term fuss. Report
February 4, 201511 yr comment_693835 If your drums are out of round, adding a hyd handbrake will make no difference. I have a hyd handbrake, and they're not the be all and end all. They're also illegal for road use. Let's put it this way, it can't hurt to have them machined. And throw a new set of shoes at it while you're there. Edited February 4, 201511 yr by Redwarf Your, you're. Report
February 5, 201511 yr Author comment_693848 Discs - front. Drums - rear. Does that make a difference? There' s a practice meeting on Sunday. Tbh, I'd prefer to watch the 12h Edited February 5, 201511 yr by Camry Crusader Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now