2015 Victorian Motorkhana Championship

Camry Crusader

Haha I got sucked in! I drove from Lalor right to the gates of the dscc grounds before I checked my phone, and saw an sms from the tcca president saying it had been cancelled :o At least I got to stop and hang out in Echuca/Moama for a while. I don't mind the bigger country towns.

I've just read an email I've received, saying this meeting may now be postponed 3 weeks (May 9/10). So that may mean that we get two consecutive VMC rounds, with the PCCV hosting at Pakenham on May 3. The 9th is my birthday. So I'd much rather be there doing that than whatever I would've been doing. Which was probably nothing anyway.

I don't even know how carbonboy would manage to sleep In his car, never mind the two of us. I think I'll stick to my poorly set up tent.

The bonus of this weekend being cancelled. Is that I'll now be able to go to the state racing at Phillip Island tomorrow. I love going to PI, and haven't missed a meeting for 5 years. So I'll keep my run going

Members dont see this ad

So I did go tot PI. I'm not sure how familiar you guys are with the state racing scene. But of one the better classes in it is Improved Production. Out of curiosity, how do you guys think an E70 Corolla would go in it?

Edited by Camry Crusader

Haha I got sucked in! I drove from Lalor right to the gates of the dscc grounds before I checked my phone, and saw an sms from the tcca president saying it had been cancelled :o At least I got to stop and hang out in Echuca/Moama for a while. I don't mind the bigger country towns.

I've just read an email I've received, saying this meeting may now be postponed 3 weeks (May 9/10). So that may mean that we get two consecutive VMC rounds, with the PCCV hosting at Pakenham on May 3. The 9th is my birthday. So I'd much rather be there doing that than whatever I would've been doing. Which was probably nothing anyway.

I don't even know how carbonboy would manage to sleep In his car, never mind the two of us. I think I'll stick to my poorly set up tent.

Glad he managed to get ahold of your number, noticed a post on FB from him asking if anyone had it to let you know.

Nothing beats doing 'skidz' on your birthday. :D

It's quite easy, recline drivers seat, put car in gear, release handbrake (so it doesn't lodge somewhere awkward) then rotate in seat 90 degrees so your feet are on the passenger side. Surprisingly comfy. The back seat involves moving wheels & is uncomfortable anyway.

I've taken the Monday after Deni off again, so I'll be at both VMC events. The Deni rescheduled date is the same day as the TCCAV Drag Racing Day at Heathcote, spewing that I'll be missing that now. :(

Sooo, the Pakenham round of the VMC was on today. The weather was great, the surface was short grass at first then gradually got a little dusty. We ran the garages on the opposite side to what we had in the past, I think that side had copped some use from previous events so it was getting a rest.

post-5437-0-68110700-1430640255_thumb.jpg

post-5437-0-28339500-1430640261_thumb.jpg

post-5437-0-63344800-1430640266_thumb.jpg

One of my better runs for the day, on one of the more 'fun' tests. Actually used second gear for the majority of it, which is rare.

Home safe & well from the VMC, with no misbehaving on Blue Things behalf. Unpacked, washed & beer'd. After Deniliquin next weekend I can finally fit those coilovers!

post-5437-0-17296900-1430640597_thumb.jpg

Results are in for the NGK VMC held at Pakenham on Sunday, Blue Thing placed 18th of 33 Outright (11th of 25 not including Specials) & 4th of 4 in Class A.

The better news is I didn't hit any flags or Wrong Direction, so I'm not too rusty after all.

The results from Deni are in...Blue Thing finished 15th of 23 Outright, 13th on Handicap & 4th of 4 in Class A. Hitting a flag then a WD will kinda muck up your results for the day. Had a ball though, shame it took me three years to get my butt up there! :D

• 1 month later...

I forgot about this thread, after my computer had a virus.

Anyway. Been drving hopeless in the meetings since my last post. A couple of weeks ago at the Toyota factory/Altona was really bad. Jus haven't been concetrating at all. Up at Bendigo on saturday. Not expecting much.