2015 Victorian Motorkhana Championship

Camry Crusader

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

Just posting cos I haven't for a while. A couple of weeks out from the first round, and I still haven't been able to put in a hydraulic brake yet. I tried to start it last week, but the battery is flat. Finally bought a pair of jumper leads on Friday. There's not much you can really do, isn't there?

Just posting cos I haven't for a while. A couple of weeks out from the first round, and I still haven't been able to put in a hydraulic brake yet. I tried to start it last week, but the battery is flat. Finally bought a pair of jumper leads on Friday. There's not much you can really do, isn't there?

Drums or discs on the rear? I've found over the years that machining the drums is more effective than any other mod.

Drums or discs on the rear? I've found over the years that machining the drums is more effective than any other mod

Drums. Would it really make the difference? Usually whenever I receive advice, it amounts to nothing. Adding a hydraulic brake seems reliable and minimal long term fuss.

If your drums are out of round, adding a hyd handbrake will make no difference. I have a hyd handbrake, and they're not the be all and end all. They're also illegal for road use.

Let's put it this way, it can't hurt to have them machined. And throw a new set of shoes at it while you're there.

Edited by Redwarf
Your, you're.