Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2015 Victorian Motorkhana Championship

Featured Replies

I have a 1.5l Festiva manual and with a little bit of work I think it would go alright. Just need to tweak the hand brake a bit.

  • Replies 107
  • Views 229.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • AMC in Bendigo. Just down the road :) Going to have to pencil that one on the calander

  • Unfortunately this happens. After I left the TCCAV, I joined a club based in a town around an hour from Melbourne. This club seemed full of people you described to the point of using four or five diff

  • Pfft. Wouldn't call you a loser, I'd be more a loser than you, I didn't even compete. Fun is all that matters!

Posted Images

  • Author

That's an option. Festiva would go good. A bloke who ran VMC in F the last few years is going to run one in A this year. I think he runs it in G5 and has done pretty well in it. I'm kind of set on a Swift if I do get up in C though.

  • Author

A new possibility has emerged for A. The Daihatsu Mira/Cuore

  • Author

Just found out the Australian Motorkhana and Khanacross c'ships are being held on the same weekend! What's up with that? I would've liked to have competed in both. Very annoying.

Edited by Camry Crusader

Nice planning there.........

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Just posting cos I haven't for a while. A couple of weeks out from the first round, and I still haven't been able to put in a hydraulic brake yet. I tried to start it last week, but the battery is flat. Finally bought a pair of jumper leads on Friday. There's not much you can really do, isn't there?

Never bothered with a hydraulic handbrake. Standard jobbie worked well enough

Suppose rwd with a locker helped it spin around ;) there were some tests that I wouldn't have to move the steering wheel much, I just used the throttle to steer the car.

Just posting cos I haven't for a while. A couple of weeks out from the first round, and I still haven't been able to put in a hydraulic brake yet. I tried to start it last week, but the battery is flat. Finally bought a pair of jumper leads on Friday. There's not much you can really do, isn't there?

 

Drums or discs on the rear? I've found over the years that machining the drums is more effective than any other mod.

a good deglaze never went astray either.

  • Author
Drums or discs on the rear? I've found over the years that machining the drums is more effective than any other mod

Drums. Would it really make the difference? Usually whenever I receive advice, it amounts to nothing. Adding a hydraulic brake seems reliable and minimal long term fuss.

If your drums are out of round, adding a hyd handbrake will make no difference. I have a hyd handbrake, and they're not the be all and end all. They're also illegal for road use.

 

Let's put it this way, it can't hurt to have them machined. And throw a new set of shoes at it while you're there.

Edited by Redwarf
Your, you're.

What Red said.

  • Author

Discs - front. Drums - rear. Does that make a difference?

 

There' s a practice meeting on Sunday. Tbh, I'd prefer to watch the 12h

Edited by Camry Crusader

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.