Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2015 Victorian Motorkhana Championship

Featured Replies

  • Replies 107
  • Views 229.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • AMC in Bendigo. Just down the road :) Going to have to pencil that one on the calander

  • Unfortunately this happens. After I left the TCCAV, I joined a club based in a town around an hour from Melbourne. This club seemed full of people you described to the point of using four or five diff

  • Pfft. Wouldn't call you a loser, I'd be more a loser than you, I didn't even compete. Fun is all that matters!

Posted Images

+1 for if the standard hardware isn't working properly, a hydraulic handbrake isn't going to help.

 

I think R is saying that practice is the best way to improve. I'd be there myself, but the last practice day I went to my engine died shortly after, so forgive me for being a little hesitant. If I'm not competing, I'll be officiating. :)

pussy :P

 

just what any brand new engine needs is to have the ring revved out of it and all of that dust helps the rings bed in.........

Edited by coln72

Yep, don't care. CBF building this engine a third time. :P

 

Slight correction, won't be at the practice day as I'm headed to Picnic at Hanging Rock this Sunday. VMC Round 1 will be my officiate if not competing event.

When is round one again???

  • Author

It's on this weekend.

 

As far as I go. I haven't been able to so much as get the car serviced, never mind getting the brakes working the way I like. I don't know if you guys know Bert. But we get along good, and I've arranged to use his car (84 Honda Prelude) for this weekend. Considering I used his car for Deniliquin last year, I'll probably go again with it this year. Rd3 clashes with the World Cup final. So I wouldn't compete anyway, even if I was watching it on tv. I was thinking of just keeping the Laser in the garage and get it prepared the way I want it, and get in going from rd5 in May.

Sounds like a plan if you can borrow a car.

 

 

Servicing a motorkhana car?????? All you do is knock the dust out of the air cleaners every so often......... :P

Edited by coln72

I think you'll beat Bert in his own car. ;)

Great guy.

 

You do more servicing when said motorkhana car is also your daily. :P

 

I haven't managed to rack up the kilometres on the new engine that I'd like, so no playing for me. Instead, I'm using it as an opportunity to gain some CAMS Official credentials (scruitineer etc). No plans to upgrade my licence, but most events need officials, this way I can do that 'officially'. :)

I think Bert was around when I was playing in the VMC.

  • Author

Bert would've been in motorkhana for years before you even started! I may be able to beat him. But I get no satisfaction as a 33yo, knocking off an 80yo.

 

carbonboy can also get 6 freebie points in the class standings by officiating. I would offer my help. But I won't til I can get class wins regularly.

 

I haven't serviced my car for a year. Doesn't even start now, I've left it in my aunt's driveway for so long without at least starting it. Disappointing to not use it for the whole season and use the Prelude, which isn't as good. Hopefully I can still knock off Class C. It'll be hard enough with Andrew (Civic) there. Never mind any other competition, never mind a weaker car. By the end of the season, hopefully I have the confidence to be a really good, fast driver. I'd love to be the king of Autocross. But I've got to get my car how I want it. If for no other reasons, so I can't use it as an excuse or have a perceived weakness nagging me.

 

Ok. I'll log on next time when the results come through.

Just throw the off road tyres on and go for it. People gettin soft these days.....

We could probably get away with it if we incorporated a 4x4 recovery practice day into the event. That goop is hub-deep.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.