August 13, 201511 yr Author comment_699299 I like. Wheel spacers are here too. Just need hubcentric rings . Forgot to order some so might have to get some cheap plastic ones from Bob Jane for now. Report
August 14, 201511 yr Author comment_699324 Got my spacers. So I got to work putting the wheel studs in. Studs are shit and the knurl is shit so I am having to file them down slightly so they will press in. Got sick of doing it with a file so I got a mini bench grinder from Aldi. Managed to pull 4 studs through then went to fit the wheel and my nuts bottomed out. ʞ©$ɟ. So I either need to nip a bit off the studs or cut the tops off the nuts so they are open. Report
August 14, 201511 yr comment_699326 What pitch are the studs? I've got a brand new set of these in 1.25... http://www.rotaaustralia.com.au/neo-chrome--petrol-gt50-extended-wheel-nuts-set-of-20_p23280298.htm They've got open ends so can't bottom out. They're $100 new but I'd do them for half that if you're interested? Report
August 14, 201511 yr Author comment_699329 1.5, plus the SSR's need a special sized shank. Took me ages just to find the nuts I have. Cheers for the offer though, :) Report
August 14, 201511 yr comment_699344 A but of oil on the knurl when pressing makes a world of difference. Report
August 15, 201511 yr Author comment_699354 Did the passenger side front, gave them a ice bath in the freezer for an hour. Cleaned the holes out with WD40 and oiled them up a tad and they went in piss easy with a freshly charged rattle gun battery. The rears are another story, the bolts are too long to slip in. I can remove the dust cover, rotate it and get to the at this lower point though. But the dust cover is held on by bloody torx head bolts and I don't have torx tools. First time Ive come across them on a Toyota. So Ill put them off for now. Oh and my lock nuts are now open ended ;) I'm gonna buy another 3 sets of Speco ones. Report
August 16, 201511 yr Author comment_699386 Went to Downshift. Was pretty shit, lots of cars but there were 20 stock cars for every decently modified one. Get a few pics of my stocker ;) This rotang KE20 And this baller KE30 This BMW was by far my highlight though. Made my nether regions twitch. Report
August 16, 201511 yr comment_699395 I did think that to start but I don't know how you'd have any room for an intake manifold with that turbo position. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now