Blzbubs Aw11

B.L.Z.BUB

Cheers mate, it's been a struggle.

But good news, detailed it, threw my daughter in the passenger seat and went for a spin. It's driving and sounding great.

Loving the pop put sunroof. There was a lot of what I thought was faded vinyl but it just turned out to be human scum and it cleaned up pretty well. I'll have to grab some interior pics.

Also need to get on to putting in these poly bushes to tighten it all up.

IMAG1397_BURST001.jpg

Members dont see this ad

I'll try do some decent pics with the dslr at some stage.

We never used the ke for family stuff, the only times was when she broke down. She now has RACQ so I'll never have to go rescue her hopefully. Plus she's got the Rav4.

And she's pretty cool with this sort of stuff, as long as it doesn't take money away from necessities.

Sweet as! Needs more front lip. maybe lower. Maybe turbo. Less spotlights. All my opinion thou. Should be a fun project

Definitely needs a front lip/splitter.

Supposedly the guy I bought it off is gonna supply bolt on flares so lower is definitely a possibility, with some better wheels.

Keeping this one N/A. Come take it for a spin and you'll understand.

Spotties are a bit iffy for me, was thinking of trying to mount them further back. But I'll probably never use them so will most likely be removed.

Not too bad.

11156146_1607283252862487_8836037840511296816_n.jpg?oh=d9d9c0719a1f712129def88b2cb69c57&oe=55A49A95&__gda__=1436276138_cf8fe0056796da9345a56cc1b631e94a

Leak from the oil return from the oil cooler and maybe the dizzy but I'll just steal the KE70 dizzy as I put new seals in not long ago.

Found a guy in Ipswich who can hopefully supply me the handbrake stuff.

Already have a full poly bush kit.

Hopefully I can sort this all out within a week.

While the guy was inspecting it we came across:

Hub to strut bolts loose

Coilover lower base height locking ring loose.

Front sway bar link pin bolt loose.

Basic shit that should have been done right. can't believe I drove on it like that. EDIT: Awesome bloke though let me borrow his shop tools to sort it out. They get a 6 pack when I go back.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Got under it tonight. The handbrake cable boots are gone and the lines are full of crap. even soaking them in WD40 didnt help.

The LHS rear inner tie rod bush is gone, and a replacement is looking hard to find, there wasnt one in the poly kit.

Trev sorted me out with a heater tap.

Gonna need new copper washers for the oil return line.

Loving your persistence here, nothing better than when everything's done right. Or as best you can under financial/time circumstances.

That photo of the A-dub & Alexis (damn they get bigger fast!) is awesome!

Edited by carbonboy

Yeah 2 years old now.

Picked up 2 heater taps and a door hinge. He had handbrake cables but didn't know if his mate who wanted them was 100% so couldn't get them. I'll just get them remade.

That rear tie rod inner though. I don't want to have deal with Toyota for it. Maybe I'll shell out 200 odd for aftermarket.

Probably gonna drop a lot of cash on this for some suspension upgrades and do the lot at once. New everything, sway bar upgrades etc.

Also the guy I bought parts off on Saturday emailed me back and said I can have the front lip he has for only $50.

Plus I'm gonna have a crack at making a BMW E30 style gurney flap for it.

I have a vision.

Pulled the frunk lining out and found this.

2015-04-21 15.48.50.jpg

2015-04-21 15.49.55.jpg

Lucky its mostly surface with a small hole. I wire brushed it and I'll smash it with some rust kill paint tomorrow.

Ticked one thing off the list, sorted out the heater tap.

2015-04-21 16.23.23.jpg

Bleeding the system is interesting considering the amount of cooling piping. You have a bleeder tap at the top of the radiator and one off the heater tap. You need to attack some hoses and hang them up higher that the radiator cap.

2015-04-21 16.23.13.jpg

Then you open a tap on top of the thermostat housing which runs to the overflow bottle.

2015-04-21 16.24.29.jpg

I hacked up the old hose to bypass the tap to had to rangi one up to test it, Ill grab a new hose of the guy I'm getting the front lip from.

2015-04-21 16.24.44.jpg

Talked to a guy from the states about the rear tie rods and handbrake cables.

I'll probably swap dizzys and sort the sump leak tomorrow.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB