March 30, 201511 yr comment_695652 Channel ten the so called home of motor sport has sold the live coverage to foxtel for most of the taxi series and f1 ,not sure about wrc. So if you follow any of these series best get foxtel if you want to see live or complain to 10 about it. Weak as channel 10 !!!!! end rant. Report
March 30, 201511 yr comment_695654 Yep, I will never pay for TV/cable again. Plenty of HD free live streams with decent commentary. Report
March 31, 201511 yr comment_695657 Yep, if commercial telly was relevant to me before, it definitely isn't now! Report
March 31, 201511 yr comment_695663 Plus I'm pretty sure I get free Netflix with my Iinet subscription. Report
March 31, 201511 yr comment_695672 Quota free, but not Free Netflix. I've also heard that because of FOX owning the license in australia, there's a bunch of shows that you won't get on Netflix because of that. If you can find a page that shows what's on Netflix, let me know, I looked and couldn't find it. WRC hasn't been shown on Australian TV for ages, that's about when I gave up on TV. Report
March 31, 201511 yr comment_695691 Vpn and get american netflix. Ive consideres getting netflix in canada here, but we don't have a tv, only laptop/tablet so we couldnt both watch shows. Be interesting to see how it all pans out once the contracts that foxtel has is up for renewal. Not sure if netflix has the cash or will foxtel price them out of the market. Wouldnt surprise me if foxtel becomes predominantly sport focused. Report
April 1, 201511 yr comment_695724 I'm trialing Netflix at the moment. You sign up and get a month free, so I thought why not. It's probably the best way to work out what content is on there. They also have Facebook and Twitter channels so you can work out what is being released to the service. So far I'm reasonably impressed and tempted given it's only about 12 bucks a month. Note that I have a WD TV that does Netflix, so it's reasonably convenient to set it all up. If you don't have something like that with Netflix ready to go and had to muck around with plugging in laptops and all that, I'm not sure I'd be as happy with it. Too much messing around. So far though, the picture quality is great. The content is pretty good and I imagine it will get better. Note that I'm also not a huge TV person who's going to die if they don't have the latest season of a show I can't live without watching... Your mileage will vary :) Report
April 1, 201511 yr comment_695725 But to get back on topic, I have no idea of a good way to get F1. For Malaysia we went to the pub, China I think we're going to a mates with Foxtel. Ah for the good old days. Report
April 2, 201511 yr Author comment_695737 Well f**kem ,i would rather watch some up and coming drivers in or local khana cross than this Pay for BS The good old days in deed!!! Although i sandra sulta is a bit all rite !!! what ever Edited April 2, 201511 yr by corollaart Report
April 3, 201511 yr comment_695784 I rang channel 10 yesterday & asked what's the go with the delayed high lights broadcasts at times & they said it was due their contract not allowing full live broad casts all the time & they gave me some BS saying it was due to Foxtel having the main contract .. I Voiced my disapproval & mentioned that here was no way they would get away with that if it was footy related & that it sounded very coincidental !! as there was no issues when it was with 7.. Edited April 3, 201511 yr by lexsmaz Report
April 4, 201511 yr comment_695799 I rang channel 10 yesterday & asked what's the go with the delayed high lights broadcasts at times & they said it was due their contract not allowing full live broad casts all the time & they gave me some BS saying it was due to Foxtel having the main contract .. I Voiced my disapproval & mentioned that here was no way they would get away with that if it was footy related & that it sounded very coincidental !! as there was no issues when it was with 7.. Boradcast deals are often a lot more complicated than people think. Delayed highlights and non-compete clauses are quite common and comes down to the conditions of the contract. If you think it's bad take a look at the NFL broadcasts in the US - if a game doesn't sell out then it doesn't get broadcast in the home team's market. Teams will actually block off sections of the grandstands to reduce capacity to make sure that games sell out. Edited April 4, 201511 yr by Hiro Protagonist Report
April 4, 201511 yr comment_695800 But to get back on topic, I have no idea of a good way to get F1. For Malaysia we went to the pub, China I think we're going to a mates with Foxtel. Ah for the good old days. The F1 has its own dedicated high definition live YouTube stream. Only way to watch it. Well it did last year. Edited April 4, 201511 yr by B.L.Z.BUB Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now